Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMaybe I'll use the trial and error method and just post this one sighted in the Sydney suburb of Gordon. I have seen quite a few in that area lately including a white one from Qld in Lindfield a couple of weeks ago - who knows maybe Colin on a spotting mission. Anyway I'm sure someone from far away will say this post has already been spotted, but maybe I'll figure out how it all works!

View attachment 175437

This one is a new spot! (AUS: 589)

Reactions: RichardMcN
Yep, back when there were just a hundred or so photos in this thread I went through and noted all the ones that were there and created a list which has been maintained ever since and is now shared with Colin. This list is not publically accessible but just reflects what is in this thread.

Also, with regards to estimating the total number of Teslas registered in Australia (seperate from this spotted thread) we use a combination of the actual spotted plates and as TesAus said we look at additional plates in known ranges. These are not guesses though. They are checked against online registration databases to ensure accuracy.

Yep, that's correct. Both LGGD and I keep a shared list up to date. Whichever one of us gets to the spot first adds it to the list. A bit of a shared task.

I sometimes spot cars where the licence plate is already in your "Confirmed Regos" spreadsheet but the car/row doesn't have a status of "Spotted" in the third column. Do you want photos of these cars for any records or does the fact that the licence plate exists in the spreadsheet indicate that it has already been spotted, regardless of the third column? (Another possibility - I've got way too much time on my hands to even be posting this question ;))

image.jpeg

Spotted in NSW (AUS:590)

I sometimes spot cars where the licence plate is already in your "Confirmed Regos" spreadsheet but the car/row doesn't have a status of "Spotted" in the third column. Do you want photos of these cars for any records or does the fact that the licence plate exists in the spreadsheet indicate that it has already been spotted, regardless of the third column? (Another possibility - I've got way too much time on my hands to even be posting this question ;))

If it isn't listed as 'spotted' then it isn't spotted and it isn't in this thread. Therefore, please go ahead and post to this thread.

Two spots (sorry, no photos- )
A very pretty ?champagne Model S in Roseville- plate was TOTSYN?? Newbie??
And a gorgeous SigRed in the Harbour Tunnel five minutes earlier: CWJ26Q. We had a fun shared laugh when we had a good long look at each other while Autopilot did its thing in the SHT.... SO good in traffic, that system.
Love you all.

Reactions: Kayto and LGGD