Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in the wild - BYD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I puled up next to this today, first time I've seen one of these in Australia.

Had a quick chat with the owner, it's brand new and apparently the first one in Victoria. He told me it's got the Blade battery and therefore it charges quickly up to 98% before slowing things down.

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

I was pretty keen on one of these BYD E6 Family Transports but they reneged on the 7 Seat concept and went 5 Seat only with limited charging speed etc...

They certainly aren't the sort of "Blade Spec" we are hoping out of a Yuan Plus or Dolphin or whatever weird nickname the future BYD Vehicles have.

So the blue one is an E6? Badge is hard to read, could be E3 or E6. I looked up the numberplate, and was unhelpfully told "2021 BLUE BYD WAGON"... then looked up the VIN, and was unhelpfully told by multiple VIN decoder sites that it was a bus :p

1641819471633.png

But then I just googled pictures of BYD E3 and BYD E6 :p

There are plenty of fossil cars that look just as bad, like the honda next to the pink one on the pics above. The thing is though there are a lot of people with zero style or taste, so these car ‘designs’ suit them.
Haha, fair call. SUVs kind of all look the same to me but the Honda is a fine car to park it next to to hide its, let's be kind and say, "unconventional" design 🤣