TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spring 2013 Get Together in the Bellevue-Seattle-Redmond-Issaquah-Kirkland Area

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Francis Lau, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

#1 Francis Lau, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    Survey is closed but you can sign up for event here: http://teslamotors-tmc.eventbrite.com

You can also see more details in this thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/14977-Spring-2013-event-at-Bellevue-on-Sunday-4-7-Over-45-owners-responded!

---Previous Message Below is Obsolete, please use event link above---
    I am organizing the Spring 2013 get together. The current plan is to meet at Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue. We hope to also organize some talks so we can all share and learn from each other.

Please provide your feedback via the survey so we can plan the event you all will love. There are only 10 questions so please complete this as soon as you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

2. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

I responded to your survey Francis and will plan to be there if it falls on a day I can make it. It would be great to meet other Tesla owners!

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

It might be interesting to spice up the event. An example...

If there's a decent attendance by "pending owners" and "potential reservations", we could have a competition for most interesting question asked of current owners.

4. kashiraja

kashiraja Member

I filled out the survey (nice job of creating it, Francis. Great questions). Would make for some great conversation and should be very educating. I imagine there is a steady flow of cars being shipped up from Fremont as of lately. I'm astonished at how many I've seen on the road the last couple of weeks. So there should be plenty of people in the area soon owning one as well.

speaking of which....four more days and I will be a Model S owner as well...woo-hoo! On my way home from work on Friday I let one pass me as I noticed it in the rear view mirror :rolleyes: (license plate: "TSLA EV"...first blue one I've seen on the road (the license plate LEDs lights look great in the dark, btw!))

5. olanmills

olanmills Member

Cool, thanks for organizing.

6. epley

epley P85 VIN 693

Thanks for organizing, I'll be there!

7. Six

Six Member

Thanks for organizing this.

I am not likely to have my Tesla at the Spring get together, I am in the multi-coat red queue, but am looking forward to meeting people and learning more about the Tesla Model S.

8. eAdopter

eAdopter Member

Looking forward to it. Thank you.

9. TurboFroggy

TurboFroggy Member

Sounds like fun to me! Filled out the survey. Got our Model S last Sunday, just amazing.

10. yphilippe

yphilippe New Member

Is this still happening? The survey seems to be closed. I got my Model S last week and would love to meet other owners.

11. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

12. olanmills

olanmills Member

There will be door prizes and also, if enough people sign up, Metropilitan Detail will offer a group discount on wraps. So, please come!

13. hvb

hvb Member

Damn it, I already had them wrap my car. A discount would've been nice. They do good work, but it ain't cheap.

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Sorry if I cost you some money on this one, hvb. :)

15. hvb

hvb Member

The blame lies completely with you, Brianman. If only your Sig hadn't looked so damned good!

16. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Good Morning!

Here are some exciting news and important details for the event next Sunday.

Please Be On Time - Over 60 attendees and 35 Tesla cars
    Please arrive between 10:45 to 11 am. We have over 60 Attendees, 35 cars and first talk starts at 11:15 am. Upon arrival, please check in to get your name badge and raffle ticket.

It's all Free and We have Prizes too
    Metropolitan Detail has graciously sponsored everything for this event - food, drinks, venue and prizes, so while we discussed collecting some money for the event, we longer need to do that. Moreover, there will be a drawing for prizes that includes gift certificates, detailing kit and more. Tesla Motors is giving away a corporate jacket too.

Group Buy
    Metropolitan Detail is offering a group buy so take a look in advance and decide what you want. The more people sign up, the more we save. A deposit is required.
    mdgroupbuy.jpg

KIRO will be Attending
    mini_kiro.gif
    KIRO News will be attending the event to talk to you all. They are interesting in discussing the $100 EV Registration Tax and other topics.

Cookies to Raise Funds for We Day Seattle
    weday.png
    My daughter was in the Seattle We Day event last week and she is having a bake sale to raise funds for a children's charity. You can see more details on We Day here: We Day in Seattle. 100% of proceeds goes to the charity. And no, Macklemore will not be making a surprise performance :)

Complimentary Photos
    We will have volunteer photographers at the event and you can pick up a complimentary photo after the event on your way out.

Cars on Display
    In addition to all your cars, there will be a few Model S on display that shows modifications and their owners will be available for Q&A.

Presentation Schedule
    Based on your feedback, we have lined up speakers for your requested topics. Here is the schedule.
    presoschedule.png

A Final Note
    Last but not least and in no particular order, I want to thank all the volunteers and sponsors who is making this possible. I hope I did not miss anyone. A special shoutout to John Nicholson who is single-handedly coordinating all the presentations.
    helpers.png

Again, sign up link is http://teslamotors-tmc.eventbrite.com

See you all on Sunday with your Tesla Grins!

Francis Lau

17. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Wow! Thank you Francis, and the others involved in setting this up. You have all been busy. Looking forward to next Sunday.

18. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nice work, Francis.

19. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Even more Goodies!

Torklift Central, makers of the EcoHitch in Kent, is offering a nice discount on their hitches at the event. They will be at the event to answer questions too.

They are offering $25 off the hitch up to 15 people and after 15 people, we get $50 off.

You can see more information at http://torkliftcentral.com/ecohitch_tesla_model_s.php. There is a cool video of the drill-less installation of their hitch on a Model S on that page.

See you Sunday!

Francis

20. joepruitt

joepruitt Seattle Sig Red #497

Really bummed I can't make it due to spring break with the kids. Have fun everyone!

-Joe