Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spring 2013 Get Together in the Bellevue-Seattle-Redmond-Issaquah-Kirkland Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah but what I meant is that according to the forecasts, it's going to be rainy on Saturday and Sunday. So even if I get a wash on Saturday afternoon, by the time I drive home and then to the meet on Sunday, the car will get dirty, especially since we often have wet roads, but littler or no rain, which means you'll just be driving around in a dirty spray with no rain to rinse the car.

Last edited:
Hand washed the car in the driveway, dried and put back in the garage. Hoping for at least couple of hours of no rain in the morning. Also anyone else washing and cleaning their car today? I feel like I need to be very through, wipe the door jambs, dry the windows, clean the wheels, tire dressing, get it really clean. I figure we are meeting up at a car detailer and it should be at least as clean as I can get it. I have that same feeling the day of my teeth cleaning at the dentist, brushing and flossing a little more than usual before the visit... :)

OK, I washed it, let it sit in the rain for several hours, dried partially, then in the garage to finish wiping it down when the rain started again. Nix on the door jambs and such - looks fine with the doors closed. But, I think it was all for naught - I'm bringing an umbrella!

Froggy, you have about a 10 mile advantage over me to try and get there between showers - hope we both make it on dry roads.

Hey, I washed mine a week ago. Good enough. Actually it is in pretty good shape as we've only been driving the Roadster this week. OK, so the Roadster will be dirty; but my wife will park that outside in the rain.

My Model S will be in the detail bay (on a lift; Froggy, you'll be at the entrace of that bay)...who knows, maybe our hosts will be embarrassed by dirty cars and clean them up. :)

Hey Francis, will we have name tags? I have some I can bring. We should put TMC handles on them.

In case it's raining again tomorrow, I figured I'd offer some evidence that my car's been clean at least once since January...
SigClean3.png

Hey, I washed mine a week ago. Good enough. Actually it is in pretty good shape as we've only been driving the Roadster this week. OK, so the Roadster will be dirty; but my wife will park that outside in the rain.

My Model S will be in the detail bay (on a lift; Froggy, you'll be at the entrace of that bay)...who knows, maybe our hosts will be embarrassed by dirty cars and clean them up. :)

Hey Francis, will we have name tags? I have some I can bring. We should put TMC handles on them.

We have name tags all printed out - each include First and Last Name, car color, delivery date and TMC handle. I will be bringing some spare ones too.

I simply did not have time today to wash the car. I might be able to do some of the waterless washing tomorrow morning, but I'm worried that I don't have enough time to be thorough and so it will just look weird if it's partially clean.

Francis - thanks for putting on a great event today. Especially liked Chad's road trip talk and the car wash demo. Only in the Northwest would you see 50 people standing in the rain watching someone wash a car.

Next time I see the blue S in Totem Lake I'll know it's you!

Last edited:
I know I missed at least 1 car (she left mid-event and came back later). This is just a crude stitching to tally the vehicle count, so don't expect much but...
201309407SeattleAreaGathering2.png

Apologies to #22 for not getting a good image of your vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: ThortsMD
Nice going, folks! Any pics of the people too with a TMC handle identifier next to them?!

And, any tally of the various colors and battery pack choices?!

We'll probably never get such a thing going on this scale in the Bay Area for one reason or another - unless it's at one of Bonnie's BBQs! - although I'm going to try to make some mini TMC get-togethers/road-trips happen this summer.