Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spring 2013 Get Together in the Bellevue-Seattle-Redmond-Issaquah-Kirkland Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Francis - thanks for putting on a great event today. Especially liked Chad's road trip talk and the car wash demo. Only in the Northwest would you see 50 people standing in the rain watching someone wash a car.
Boy, isn't that the truth?:biggrin:
Hope none of those guys down in CA see a picture of that operation - we'll never live it down.

I'll add my thanks, Francis, and to all the others that helped organize and made presentations.

I know I missed at least 1 car (she left mid-event and came back later). This is just a crude stitching to tally the vehicle count, so don't expect much but...
View attachment 19776

Apologies to #22 for not getting a good image of your vehicle.

That is a great photo montage! Do you have high res images that you can share with me?

Also, anyone else with photos, please send them to me. I will compile them and send to all participants.

Francis (and John Nicholson), that was INCREDIBLY well-organized.

Thanks to Metropolitan Detail for hosting and sponsoring; having a suitably covered space was key. And thanks to Torklift for sponsoring too.

Brian, thanks for documenting all the cars...my wife started, but gave up. My cars are 11 and 40.

I am not shy about posting pictures of myself. Here I am talking about road trips.

article-2216907-157B78B8000005DC-35_634x444.jpg

And somebody caught me as I drove up.

198456.jpg

Not that it really matters, but I think mine is #33.

And, any tally of the various colors and battery pack choices?!

I don't know, but there was only one brown one there, so good for them having the most unique color! I think there were just two blue ones.

We'll probably never get such a thing going on this scale in the Bay Area for one reason or another - unless it's at one of Bonnie's BBQs! - although I'm going to try to make some mini TMC get-togethers/road-trips happen this summer.

Well Benjamin of Metropolitan Detail did suggest to me that they should do an event like this again in the summer and have a BBQ. That would be awesome!

Anyway, it was a fun event. There was good info, and it was nice to meet the other members of the local Tesla community. It was pretty cool to see so many Model Ses lined up in one place.

I imagined it would be a great bunch of people who purchased a Tesla in the Northwest but you all exceeded my expectations. I had a great time, learned a lot from everyone, and hope to do again in the future (but with better weather). ChadS..very funny pictures.

You could plan one of these around the start of the EV Rally in late June. I would find that to be an adequate excuse to stop by! (When you're looking for an excuse, most any will do).

What EV Rally? I have not heard about that.

It was great seeing everyone but I really did not get to chat with anyone. So my goal next time is that I can get to chat with everyone more instead of the "hi and bye" I had to do. Everything whizzed by for me that day, I swear Chad looked different from those photos of him. I think he is better looking in person.

What a difference six months makes.
Last September, I drove the LEAF to National Plug In Day at Snoqualmie. (and twiddled my thumbs for a couple of hours at the Community Park while getting enough juice to get home)
As I recall, there were a couple of Volts, two Roadsters, a couple of home brews, and a bunch of LEAFs. No model S.
Yesterday, there were, what, 41 Model Ss and a Roadster or two? All in just six months.
I'll bet there will be a few Ss at the 2013 Plug In Day gathering.

Great event and great info (Good Subway sandwiches, also). Thanks to Francis, Met Detail and all who helped put this together. Unfortunately, I was the only Jaq in a sea of Model S: A 40 watter on the "list" since 2009 . . . Nonetheless, a good time was had by all!

Get together a great success!

It was a delightful event. I did learn a lot. And I got to know delightful other Gig Harbor people, since they brought me while Tessie was sulking and hiding her touchscreen (and defrost and jack) from me. (Hard reset and she was good to go after a ride to the Seattle Service Center Monday. Thank you, Danny. Glad you & your crew enjoyed the Tesla cookies.) Thanks, Francis, Metro. Detail, and the other sponsors. Looking forward to hearing more practical suggestions from Chad, and that Chelan Wine Tour to help fund NE WA chargers will be great fun. As said, don't know if we should publicize the photos of us standing in the rain learning how to wash our Model Ses. People already think Northwesterners are pretty strange. I think a summer BBQ would be delightful by contrast.