Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spring Loaded Cup Holder BB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

03DSG

Apr 5, 2016
Ontario
Got this today. Springs are strong enough. Stronger than I expected due to the reviews. There is adhesive on both sides but I have just press fit for now. Available on Amazon.ca as well:
https://www.amazon.com/LUCKEASY-Wat...&qid=1579467955&sprefix=luckeasy&sr=8-1-fkmr0

I covered the piano black top with some spare 3M 1080 brushed black metallic vinyl from Abstract Ocean:

B4C1FF4C-59E5-4909-A906-EBC4BA69B241.jpeg

Works with cup liners as well just sits a bit higher:

BD99E8E2-5242-4879-82F9-527F1B1D8E6D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and jsmay311
I just bought and installed this gadget. I think it's very well designed. Looks very clean and integrates well with the existing cup holder. Works well. Although I do worry that the springs may be a bit too strong for a weak paper or styrofoam cup.

FYI: I did use the double-sided tape when I installed it. The tape starts grabbing onto the tapered walls of the cup holder before the device is fully seated, so you just have to press hard to push it all the way down.

Funny how some people think the cup holders are just fine as is. I think it's a glaring design flaw to not have anything that adjusts to variable diameters and grips a cup/bottle and prevents it from rattling/tipping/falling.

If your particular cup/bottle happens to fit snugly and sit stably in the OEM cupholder, that's great for you, but many do not. My $0.02.

Reactions: 03DSG
agreed - i don't get the hate. nothing has ever spilled and i've never thought, "damn! these cup holders are the wrong size to hold (insert drink)"

Small recyclable plastic water bottles commonly found in 24 packs are way to small for the cupholders and splash all over with the lid off. I have the same issue with my travel mug that's narrower at the bottom. These devices prevent that and the rattling around noise.

Reactions: jsmay311