Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Springfield, Missouri & 417 Area Code- growing number of Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
For a year or so I felt like one of only a couple of Tesla owners in the Springfield, Missouri area. But over the past year Teslas have become much more commonplace and I feel like I know only about 1/2 of the current owners; and there may be even more than I know.

I'd love if any 417 area owners would pipe up and make yourselves known here. I'm also trying to form a Facebook group (and probably a meetup group soon) that would help facilitate some meet ups, road trips, Tesla ambassadorship in the area, etc.

If you don't want to post publically you can PM me here or email me evanfusco AT aol DOT com and I'll be sure to do my best to keep you in the loop.

Also open for other ideas that would bring more owners together.

Anyway, please speak up if you're in the 417 area and interested in forming a meet up group with me.

Good luck! I'm in KC and almost never see other Teslas. I know they have to be out there though. Guess I should look into KC area clubs again. I hear about the St. Louis one frequently, but never a peep about anything in KC.

Funny, I did a Google search for "kansas city tesla club" and the only notable hit was the groups page for KC on TMC. So I clicked to join it. Apparently I have to be approved before I can join. But from the outside, it seems pretty barren. The "rules" and description were empty.

Good luck! I'm in KC and almost never see other Teslas. I know they have to be out there though. Guess I should look into KC area clubs again. I hear about the St. Louis one frequently, but never a peep about anything in KC.

Funny, I did a Google search for "kansas city tesla club" and the only notable hit was the groups page for KC on TMC. So I clicked to join it. Apparently I have to be approved before I can join. But from the outside, it seems pretty barren. The "rules" and description were empty.
If you're on Facebook, there's a group there that has a few active members.

Skotty,

Here's the KC area Facebook club page: Log into Facebook | Facebook

"Active" is a relative term. I've been a member since June 2015 and I have yet to meet any members other than one that I met the day I picked up my car when she was picking up hers. I'm hoping there will be a few more actual activities and not just FB posts.

Which part of KC are you in? I'm in the Northlands between Gladstone and Liberty.

If you're also a LEAF owner, there's a loosely knit group for that in KC as well on the MyNissanLeaf forum: LEAF in Kansas City - My Nissan Leaf Forum

Karl

Glad to see you are getting a group going down in the Springfield area Evan.

The KC group has just gotten together once a year for Sunday brunch. I have organized that and it is about time to organize that again. Last year we met at Lydia's and everyone seemed to enjoy it. So, we will probably meet there again in May.

Brenton

I'd be interested to hear the "group's" suggestions for meet up locations. Coffee shops? Restaurants?
Classic Rock, Hebrews, Maso, Touch, Mamma Jeans, Aviary, Houlihans (grab a charge). I heard there is a new Italian coffee shop opening near the corner of KS express and Republic road ( west of the Price Cutter)

I'd be interested to hear the "group's" suggestions for meet up locations. Coffee shops? Restaurants?
Classic Rock, Hebrews, Maso, Touch, Mamma Jeans, Aviary, Houlihans (grab a charge). I heard there is a new Italian coffee shop opening near the corner of KS express and Republic road ( west of the Price Cutter)
My inclination would be to start with someplace like Houlihans given their support for Tesla with the HPWCs they have there and their incredible responsiveness to problems and making things "right". Clearly all of us would not be able to charge, but perhaps those that travel the farthest could get priority.

There are certainly plenty of options though. All of the ones you mention being great, IMO.

Reactions: VERDNT_P85