Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any progress on the Springfield supercharger? I'll be in Springfield at the end of the month getting our Model X coated. I'll spend the night at one of the hotels with destination chargers but it would sure be nice to have the superchargers up and running!

Any progress on the Springfield supercharger? I'll be in Springfield at the end of the month getting our Model X coated. I'll spend the night at one of the hotels with destination chargers but it would sure be nice to have the superchargers up and running!
I think we'll be very lucky to see it before the end of November. Maybe the O'Reilly family can pull some strings and get it up sooner, but I doubt it.

Does anyone know if there's any progress on the entire MacaDoodle's retail complex that broke ground a few months back? I would assume that's the best metric we have of when the supercharger will start construction.
I live on the other side of Springfield and rarely need to go that far North. But on Sunday I'm heading to the Rolla Supercharger and will try to make a point to go buy and take some photos of the progress.

1y7tzk.jpg

Don't know anything about forum organization. Just dropped in to say that for the two superchargers I have watched go in, construction was evident within a week of the permit switching from "ready to issue" to "issued." In a week or two, it might be worth someone's time to take a close look just southeast of the structure going in. Unfortunately, that's at the back of the property, but the back corner of the Day's Inn parking lot should provide a decent vantage point. ;)

Although I can't find anything Tesla specific in the photo, the superchargers must be under construction because there was an inspection request today.
The request indicated Ditch and today has added: "Notes: elect underground for Tesla charging station - ok", and disposition of "Approved".
This indicates that the trenches for the conduit are dug, and are deep enough per code. If I was closer, I would go by and take some pictures. The conduit being placed should be easy to spot.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
Perhaps, but the Grand Opening is scheduled for Nov. 18th, so I suspect they'll open it all the same day.
Good point, Doc. That deadline should keep the paving on track, at least, and without a Rolla-type setback or a delay in utilty transformer arrival, the supercharger should be done by then. Is the fuel station next to the supercharger due to be complete by the Grand Opening?