Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Springfield NJ Service Center - Good Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured I'd share a positive service experience. People are quick to jump online to complain, but its more rare for people to post positive experiences. I decided I was going to post my experience before I went regardless of the outcome.

My 2018 Model 3 had the somewhat common issue of having both the LH and RH side vent actuators break. When these break you can no longer direct the air flow left and right. They also make a nice extended clicking sound. Makes for fun times every time you get in the vehicle.

I made an appointment on the app. About the only complaint I had was that service dates were two weeks out a minimum. To get a date at a time that worked for me required pushing the repair out three weeks. Fortunately, this wasn't a complaint that made the car undrivable. It's not very clear, but from hints I got here if you want additional work done you send a message in the current service appointment. In my case I asked for brake cleaning and lubrication. The estimate for this services also included new springs for the pads.

Springfield has gone completely keyless. I got a message indicating where to park and to scan a QR code on arrival. Also the message noted additional services must be scheduled at a later appointment. I had no issues parking, but finding the QR code was unclear. It was inside the lobby. That was honestly the least clear part of the whole process.

Service advisor was very polite and helpful. I asked if it was possible to change the 12V battery preventively during this appointment and he said no problem - just that customer pays. That was as I expected.

The app keeps track of the repair process and notified me it was ready to pick up the car roughly three hours later. They had the parts on hand, replaced both the LH and RH vent actuator, didn't need to replace the springs on the brakes saving me $40 and replaced the 12V battery. Total was $229 including tax. Most ridiculous part of the bill is the $40 labor charge for removing the wheels which is totally offset by the crazy cheap $100 12V battery replacement that includes labor.

Honestly, it was one of my better and quick services experiences of any brand.

When you decide to check the battery you asked to be replaced and realize that service didn't install the vent tube and that the elbow connection to the battery is missing you have two choices.

1. Drive back to Tesla and/or wait another three weeks for an appointment.
2. Give up and spend $7 and use the elbow from this kit - Dorman 924-254 Battery Exhaust Vent Tube Compatible with Select BMW Models. It fits perfectly.

It's so typical for so many businesses. An otherwise very nice service experience spoiled by carelessness.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel