Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Springfield NJ Supercharger Approved!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attended the meeting of the Springfield Planning Board at 7:00 p.m. this evening January 2, 2020) where the Board unanimously approved the Springfield Morris Avenue Supercharger site location. There will be eight Tesla parking spaces and each of the eight V3 chargers will have three connecting cables rather than the standard two cables on the V2 chargers. They are to be high speed chargers giving 75 miles of range for ten minutes of charging. Of course, as the battery passes about 50 - 60% charge, the charge rate decreases to protect the battery. The Tesla facility will not open until the WaWa facility has been completed and is opened. Should be this spring.

There will be eight Tesla parking spaces and each of the eight V3 chargers will have three connecting cables rather than the standard two cables on the V2 chargers.

I am not sure what this means. Can you please elaborate more on this? The most likely setup for this site is two V3 Supercharger cabinets, each serving 4 spots. Both cabinets sharing an 800-1,000 kVA transformer upstream. That’s been pretty standard for the 8 stall locations.

I attended the meeting of the Springfield Planning Board at 7:00 p.m. this evening January 2, 2020) where the Board unanimously approved the Springfield Morris Avenue Supercharger site location. There will be eight Tesla parking spaces and each of the eight V3 chargers will have three connecting cables rather than the standard two cables on the V2 chargers. They are to be high speed chargers giving 75 miles of range for ten minutes of charging. Of course, as the battery passes about 50 - 60% charge, the charge rate decreases to protect the battery. The Tesla facility will not open until the WaWa facility has been completed and is opened. Should be this spring.

Great news, thanks!

Saw a 'temporarily unavailable' supercharger pop up in the app today, which was news to me. Drove by - looks like this should be open soon! It's at the new Wawa.

IMG_20200628_102202.jpg

Reactions: 2101Guy