TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Squamish, BC - Supercharger - active?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by edison75D, Sep 8, 2017.

1. edison75D

edison75D New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm heading up to whistler and wondering if the squamish supercharger is active. Tesla website says not until late 2017, but reviews on google indicate it is?

-Thanks!!

2. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

It was active 2 years ago when I used it after driving the back way to Whistler from Kamloops.

Was unaware it was down. Supercharge.info and Tesla.com don't show it as impacted.

Only issue I recall is that it was prone to ICEing due to the nearby businesses. Other than that it was fine.

3. ztaylor

ztaylor Member

I was there at the beginning of August and it works.
    Its a bit hidden behind the building.

4. jlund

jlund Member

I live in Squamish. Haven't noticed any downtime.

I believe the 2017/2018 maps of supercharging via the website are confusing as they highlight new stations and ones that are going to be updated with more stalls with a grey dot. I believe Squamish is a site that is "updating". Much like hope is currently going through. In which case, current stalls should barely be impacted.

• Like x 1
  5. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Behind Boston pizza. Starbucks right there as well. Used August 18th 2017. There is also a fresh BC cherries and fruit vendor right across the SC who has a Model S. Never was ICED.

6. edison75D

edison75D New Member

Thanks all!!

7. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

I used it a week ago. No signs of expansion or construction around the Supercharger.