Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squamish, BC - Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was active 2 years ago when I used it after driving the back way to Whistler from Kamloops.

Was unaware it was down. Supercharge.info and Tesla.com don't show it as impacted.

Only issue I recall is that it was prone to ICEing due to the nearby businesses. Other than that it was fine.

I live in Squamish. Haven't noticed any downtime.

I believe the 2017/2018 maps of supercharging via the website are confusing as they highlight new stations and ones that are going to be updated with more stalls with a grey dot. I believe Squamish is a site that is "updating". Much like hope is currently going through. In which case, current stalls should barely be impacted.

Reactions: ChadS
Someone on the Pacific Northwest Tesla Facebook page has reported that the Squamish supercharger doesn't have electricity. This was 1-2 hours ago and posted after they arrived in Whistler so it's been at least 2-3 hours by now so it's possible power has been restored. I just put it as a destination and no warnings popped up (This has happened to me twice in my 2.5 years of Tesla travelling when the power goes out at a supercharger that I'm routed to) so hopefully that is the case. But be careful if you are headed in that direction and maybe top up a little longer at the prior stop.

@BlueShift could you link supercharge.info to this thread rather than the generic Canadian Superchargers thread?

Old thread and old news but we did a little road trip up to Whistler last week and used the Squamish SC as a rest stop in both directions. This was actually our first and only two times using a SC so far, and it was absolutely painless. We found a stall without waiting (dedicated on our way North, and had to share on our way South), and the charge was so fast even though we started with a relatively high SoC (around 63 or so going North and a bit higher going South as we used the destination charger at the conference centre for a short top up--another first for us). By the time we did a quick washroom break and coffee purchase at the Starbucks, the car was ready. Extremely convenient!

HOWEVER, that does bring one piece of sad news: the Starbucks in Garibaldi Village (right in front of the SC) is now closed--its last day of operation was this past Thursday (our trip south). There is another Starbucks a little down the road in either direction so not the end of the world but will take away the one-stop washroom & charge convenience, sadly. Does anyone know of another convenient restroom in that strip mall?

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Old thread and old news but we did a little road trip up to Whistler last week and used the Squamish SC as a rest stop in both directions. This was actually our first and only two times using a SC so far, and it was absolutely painless. We found a stall without waiting (dedicated on our way North, and had to share on our way South), and the charge was so fast even though we started with a relatively high SoC (around 63 or so going North and a bit higher going South as we used the destination charger at the conference centre for a short top up--another first for us). By the time we did a quick washroom break and coffee purchase at the Starbucks, the car was ready. Extremely convenient!

HOWEVER, that does bring one piece of sad news: the Starbucks in Garibaldi Village (right in front of the SC) is now closed--its last day of operation was this past Thursday (our trip south). There is another Starbucks a little down the road in either direction so not the end of the world but will take away the one-stop washroom & charge convenience, sadly. Does anyone know of another convenient restroom in that strip mall?
I've never had a problem just walking into a Boston Pizza and using the washroom. In the case of Squamish, I've been a customer both times, but on some of the supercharger stops on my TCH trip I was not, and just walked in and took care of my business. Maybe somewhat rude as a non-customer but it is an option.

Something like 25% of the superchargers in Canada have a Boston Pizza within walking distance so they come in handy at times. They are also open fairly late (usually until around midnight) which is a plus.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung