Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Square to Staggered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a set of 21's(265/35/21R, 245/35/21F) off a P85D+ and I'd like to put them on my S 75D with a square setup(18'). Will I run into any issues by doing this? Any tire recommendations for this setup? The 21's came with some Pilot Sports(not sure which ones), so would it be best to go with PS4S?

Thanks,

No. Just remember to update the wheel config inside the car so air suspension and range figures aren't freaking out.

The wheel configuration is mainly for ABS and TPMS. ABS & TPMS sensors are in a different location in a larger rim. The car detects that and asks if you changed wheels.

The overall OD of the 245/45/19 and 245/35/21 are almost identical - it doesn't affect the suspension height settings.

The wheel configuration is mainly for ABS and TPMS. ABS & TPMS sensors are in a different location in a larger rim. The car detects that and asks if you changed wheels.

The overall OD of the 245/45/19 and 245/35/21 are almost identical - it doesn't affect the suspension height settings.
True, but I went from 245/45/19 to 245/40/20 and the air suspension was freaking out. It started behaving when I set the wheel config to 21".

That's strange. I am running the same tire size and I have my wheel size set to 19".

The air suspension doesn't actually know what size wheels you are running as they just hang off the suspension.
I'm actually running lowering links so that may have something to do with it. It was dropping lots of air ans then filling it up every minute even while driving.