Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeak between driver seat and armrest...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 4-month old MS with next-gem seats. Over time it has developed an annoying squeak emanating from where the right side of the drivers seat back comes into contact with the armrest.

I've tried a changing the seat adjustments a little bit, but this doesn't seem to lessen the problem

Has anyone else come across this issue? And if so, any ideas how to fix?

Thanks!
I am annoyed by that too.

This will resolve it:
DuPont Krytox GPL 205 Grease, Pure PFPE / PTFE No Additives, 0.5 oz Tube: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
This is what the service center uses. One application and months have gone by with no more squeak.

There's a couple other threads where I've posted this, and people find it was the best solution.
I bought it as a result of not wanting to go to the SC after they had done the passenger seat and my driver's started to squeak.

If you're ever in the LA area, I'd be happy to give you a blob.
Great advice! Thank you for passing this on. I ordered from Amazon and in 2 days I received my tiny tube and applied it to the rubbing point and Viola the sqeak has disappeared!

Reactions: Muzzman1
Hey guys. I just started having this issue and I’m an idiot when it comes to repairing stuff. Can someone please explain where to apply it?

My seat squeaks when I lean back or forward so not sure how to test where the “contact point” is.

This has been bugging me for a little bit now and I never thought to do anything about it until I stumbled on this thread.

Thanks for the info, tube ordered. I saw in an earlier post someone paid $37 for .5oz. It's just $20 now so that's good for me

Just look to see where the seat contacts the center console and rub a bit of grease on the contact point, then sit and try to replicate the noise. If it still squeaks, you either didn't use enough or you missed the actual noisy spot. It's not particularly complicated.

I see a few people recommending Krytox. While I am sure it works and it's what the SC may use, it's pretty pricey for an application like this. I used Shin Etsu back in the fall. It's a silicone grease used by Honda that's significantly less than Krytox. Still probably more expensive than needed, but I already had some on hand. This would also be a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-9...eywords=silicone+grease&qid=1591700582&sr=8-5