Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeak/creek from the left front?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, All I was hoping you could give me some advice. I have just purchased a Model X that has a squeak/creek coming from the front left wheel area when I turn the steering wheel and wondered if anyone else has had this and what the fix was?

My 2019MX has started giving a slight creaking sound from the front Right ( passenger side) but the sound appears to come from the area between the front windshield and the front right window. Sounds like something is not fully tightened and sounds like when something moves . The sounds increases in frequency and amplitude when the road surface is uneven or rough. Any ideas what could be the possible reason? Should I put a service request to Tesla?

They have a recall for the creaking issue where they add more grease to a part and seal it better. We had to have this done as our creak was embarrassingly loud.
Squeaking sounds just started for me just after my 100k warranty was up :-( I'm at 105k miles now
Do you have any information on where they applied the grease? Was it the suspension (air) or steering wheel?
Any extra information about the recall will be much appreciated. -TechVP

My Car was at the Tesla service center for 5 weeks. They tried to fix it, broke something then needed a body shop to fix the broken part that was broken but could not be fixed by the service center. Finally got my car last month and that creaking sound from the right passenger side near windshield and passenger window was gone. My car is still under warranty so I did not have to pay anything. The main item in the repair invoice was :
Correction: Reseal Area Around Both Front Upper Control Arm Ball Joints With Urethane
(Model X)

Same issue on a 2019 Refresh, they added more grease which didn't do anything. The next path was to replace the upper control arm on the left hand side. Surprisingly, this also did nothing. Both times as soon as I got in the car I was able to easily replicate between 5-15 MPH either slightly accelerating and then hitting the brake, or letting the regenerative braking slow the vehicle down and then slowly accelerating, lifting off the pedal, and I'd immediately hear the squeak/clicking sound.

At this point, the next step is to have the technician (who they claimed took it for a test drive both times) join me in the car to 'hear' it for themselves. Why even bother...

I have had to replace the upper control arm once 7/21 and again 5/22. I am now out of warranty and thus bought an extended warranty as I am sure this will happen again.
I'm at 90,000 miles now, and the creaking has returned yet again. I'm going to schedule service to have this addressed for the third time. It's kinda ridiculous. At least we now have a service center here in Kentucky and I won't have to drive 100 miles to get this fixed.