Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeak from rear wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had this issue for a couple of years now and I think its time I tried to get it sorted.

It can be heard at low speeds, the squeak comes from the left rear wheel. The squeak is pretty consistent in frequency, e.g. it can be heard every second for example.

About 4 years ago I asked Tesla to see if they could stop my car from making a noise when I apply the brakes when coming to a complete stop. Apparently common on teslas as you never use the brakes. They advised I do some heavy braking to clean the pads. Long story short, I went ahead with a brake clean.

Since I had the brake clean this noise started happening. I took it back to Tesla twice and both times they couldn't replicate the fault. But its certainly still there.

My car was up on a ramp for something else and the mechanic turned the rear wheel and said he could hear the squeak and greased the brakes to see if it helped. Well its still an issue a year or 2 on.

It seems like it only happens when I turn the steering wheel slightly left which is odd! Can't seem to hear it going straight or right.

Car drives fine and can't hear it over 20mph but still, its a bit annoying at lower speeds, not too loud (need the window down to hear it), but annoying.

Any ideas what can cause this? Could Tesla have warped the rotors during the clean?