Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking and creaking sound from both rear area doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very high squeaking sound coming from rear doors areas, has been to service four times and each time they say its been fixed but no part or anything has been changed or added. They did ride alongs, sent them videos still nothing. its very frustrating. it seems it gets louder on rainy days. It squeaks at all speeds, car moves and it comes out. Any one else have the same squeaking noise? Any help is appreciated.

Check the large plastic molding near the interior button for closing the trunk. My plastic is loose and rattles when driving. The sounds are very similar. When I am on smooth roads I hear no rattles. However some older style of asphalt really make that piece rattle. My piece is very loose I can see it detaching. Going to make a mobile service appointment tomorrow.

Reactions: t00taloo and Ts91
I can't isolate the sound from the video but my passenger's side rear door trim makes a plastic squeaking or creaking noise. The problem is pathological with the entire side of the car not fitting together well (compared with the driver's side). I can stop it from making noises temporarily by jamming my fingers in below the armrest where the door trim bows out to meet the body trim (where your feet go when you get in) and pushing up. When I figured this out, it was a revelation. I covered the underside of the trim there with felt tape which shut it up for longer but it still creaks a little bit on cold days or when turning. I could probably completely silence it by adding more felt tape to firm up the fit. In other words I think the root of the problem is that the door trim is supposed to be flush with the body trim. If it's not flush then the door trim either wiggles, brushes across the body trim, or both.

Reactions: t00taloo
I can't isolate the sound from the video but my passenger's side rear door trim makes a plastic squeaking or creaking noise. The problem is pathological with the entire side of the car not fitting together well (compared with the driver's side). I can stop it from making noises temporarily by jamming my fingers in below the armrest where the door trim bows out to meet the body trim (where your feet go when you get in) and pushing up. When I figured this out, it was a revelation. I covered the underside of the trim there with felt tape which shut it up for longer but it still creaks a little bit on cold days or when turning. I could probably completely silence it by adding more felt tape to firm up the fit. In other words I think the root of the problem is that the door trim is supposed to be flush with the body trim. If it's not flush then the door trim either wiggles, brushes across the body trim, or both.
took my car in and after raising my voice and huge argument, they changed the sub-frame and took apart all the panels and fixed all the noises. its like a new car now. They know whats making the sounds they just don't want to fix it. my car was also making a knocking noise when accelerating and slowing down. guess that was the bad sub-frame.