Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking Brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine does it too. 37K miles. I thought it probably needed a brake cleaning service, just haven't booked a service center appt yet.

It's likely just some minor surface corrosion/deposits that need to be knocked off. Did it get wet recently or around the time it started making noise?

I'm in SoCal and mine always squeak a little right after rain and/or a car wash. Try doing some hard braking (~70% of ABS limit) from medium speed a few times, should clean it right up. We rarely use our brakes because of the regen, so they need a little firm usage every now and again.

Same in SoCal here also. After Last week when it rain on Wed/Thurs I get occasionally squeak when braking.
Probably will get noticeable again after this storm this week over Thanksgiving.

Anyone in Socal get the warning that your Regen braking isn't working normally need to drive a bit longer to warm it up?
I had 2 straight mornings of that.

I had mobile service come out for this issue. They did a brake burnishing procedure (basically hard braking a few times then letting the brakes cool). That seemed to have worked. Glad I had them do it, as I had tried something like that in the past, but I wasn’t doing it right so couldn’t get it to work.

There have been many threads about this, so you're not alone. Rarely using the breaks due to Regen is mostly great but it has drawbacks. Mine did it from the day I bought it for a couple of pushes of the brake pedal only when in reverse(again, many threads about that).
I reached my snapping point and had service come for a visit. I had tried all of the tricks.
The tech took it for a hard drive and he returned it in perfect condition. I haven't heard a peep in weeks lol.
He said if that hadn't worked that he had some kind of caps to replace.

Mine has been doing it while only reversing. Before the rain started when it got coldeR

Mine started doing this exactly under the same condition, colder weather, only while reversing.

After reading comments about deposits from very little use of pads, I think it's because I use the pads heavily for autocross, but the autocross season ended in October and now I pretty much just use regen except while parking the car.

Mine started doing this exactly under the same condition, colder weather, only while reversing.

After reading comments about deposits from very little use of pads, I think it's because I use the pads heavily for autocross, but the autocross season ended in October and now I pretty much just use regen except while parking the car.

weird. I need to take mine in for service