Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking Noise from Model Y Rear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model y a few weeks ago and about a week ago I started hearing squeaking noises coming from the back when driving over bumps / uneven roads. I can't for the life of me pinpoint where it's coming from. Funnily enough, when there is a passenger sitting in the passenger seat, the sound is non-existent for the entire ride. I can only catch the sound when I am the only person driving in the vehicle.

The vimeo link is below and you can hear the squeaking sounds in it.

I had a squeak coming from my rear headliner — though it sounded very different from your video (what I hear on your video sounds like a rattle to me, not a squeak). Tech applied some lubrication (I believe) and it is gone. It also was missing two clips which may have made the headliner assembly loose and more likely to squeak as well.

I had the same noise from the video on a MY 2021, I didn't knew where it was coming from, I thought it was from a door or window but it actually was from the passanger seat, if I hit the passenger headrest I could hear it, the squeaking noise was coming from the passenger seat.

At first I thought it was just the headrest but once I pull them out the sound keeps coming from the seat. I pull out the plastic cover from the back of the seat, after removing the headrest, there was two steel bars going up, they both get into a metalic frame in the top part of the seat, each steel bar should have a plastic that should avoid the steel bar and steel frame to touch each other, one of mine was loose, I just put it back and it clicked on the steel frame and the problem was solved.

Hope this could help you. For me it's really annoying to have squeaking noises in my car.

I picked up my model y a few weeks ago and about a week ago I started hearing squeaking noises coming from the back when driving over bumps / uneven roads. I can't for the life of me pinpoint where it's coming from. Funnily enough, when there is a passenger sitting in the passenger seat, the sound is non-existent for the entire ride. I can only catch the sound when I am the only person driving in the vehicle.

The vimeo link is below and you can hear the squeaking sounds in it.