Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet another thread about squeaking noise.

So my car squeaks somewhere at the left side of the driver. Maybe somewhere in the corner of A-pillar?
I press on the dash, does not damp the squeaking, I press on the A-pillar and no results.

7-10 mphs the squeaking starts, it's faint.
12-15 mphs the squeaking becomes very apparent and doesn't stop squeaking.

possibly a vibration issue? or something is lose?

has anyone experienced anything like this before? I have two weeks until SC appointment. Maybe I can fix this myself and get some piece of mind already.

I have to turn up the volume in order to mask the sound.

My suggestions.

a. Push down on the corners of the car above each wheel. See if you hear the noises. If you hear it pushing on each corner it’s the suspension.

b. If that doesn’t work, find various fixed frequencies of noises on your favorite music app. Play them. They will cause various parts of your car to resonate and you can find the rattles.

Your noise did sound similar to my suspension noise, just faster than mine.

I had this problem, almost exactly. I pulled all of the trim off inside looking for something loose on the wire harnesses or something inside the A pillar. Never found anything. Went to SC, and they found that the left front wheel well material where it attaches to the fender, on the rear side of the well, was loose and vibrating. Transmitted that noise right into the cabin and I could swear it was inside the A pillar. Amazing how sound can travel in the frame like that. They fixed it by using something to more securely attach the wheel well to the fender. It recurred a short while later, and they did it again, and has never come back.

good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: Noodles and XLR82XS
Yet another thread about squeaking noise.

So my car squeaks somewhere at the left side of the driver. Maybe somewhere in the corner of A-pillar?
I press on the dash, does not damp the squeaking, I press on the A-pillar and no results.

7-10 mphs the squeaking starts, it's faint.
12-15 mphs the squeaking becomes very apparent and doesn't stop squeaking.

possibly a vibration issue? or something is lose?

has anyone experienced anything like this before? I have two weeks until SC appointment. Maybe I can fix this myself and get some piece of mind already.

Check the door storage area. I had a squeaking noise and I found that it was the door pocket. For me the noise goes away when i press against the pocket. Maybe it's the same for you.

Control Arms have a squeaky ball joint.
CEE40964-C0B5-49A0-AF60-DA7EF63A828D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC