Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking sound in the driver side!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a squeaking noise coming somewhere from the driver door or the A pillar and it's driving me insane. Mobile service came by and they couldn't find it....asked me to take it to the service center. I'd rather just fix it myself since the SC is far away for me.

The noise starts at around 12 seconds.

I just had this same noise fixed. It took three visits to the service center and me spending half an hour pushing on parts of the door panel to find it. It’s coming from the handle on the driver door and you can replicate it by squeezing the handle in just the right spot. See the picture below for the location. I noticed that if I pushed in rapidly on the area between my fingers or tapped it kind of hard you could replicate the squeaking. Type service center had to replace the entire door panel as the door handle is a single piece and can’t be replaced.

Attachments

• 3E8B024E-7EC2-4FF8-AD06-29A829ACB9C1.jpeg
    3E8B024E-7EC2-4FF8-AD06-29A829ACB9C1.jpeg
    416.4 KB · Views: 408
Hello both. I think a have the same issue. Could you please confirm if this is what happened to you? I took it to SC (Spain), and they said that since there is nothing broken, it is within Tesla's Quality standards. Were you able to get it replaced by Tesla as part of the warranty? If that's the case, would you mind sharing the invoice/report given to you after the repair? Thank you so much.

Hello both. I think a have the same issue. Could you please confirm if this is what happened to you? I took it to SC (Spain), and they said that since there is nothing broken, it is within Tesla's Quality standards. Were you able to get it replaced by Tesla as part of the warranty? If that's the case, would you mind sharing the invoice/report given to you after the repair? Thank you so much.
I tried to pull up the invoice but it seems the app only stores invoices from the past 18 months or so. They definitely did the repair under warranty and it was considered a build quality issue.

I tried to pull up the invoice but it seems the app only stores invoices from the past 18 months or so. They definitely did the repair under warranty and it was considered a build quality issue.
sorry to bother again... but please could you confirm the noise in my video is the same that you had and was acknowledged as a defect by Tesla? thanks!