Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking while driving after wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a bad rain last night and I drove through some thick mud and gravel near my house. My wheels and wells were caked this morning so I drove slowly to a nearby car wash and sprayed the mud off with the washer. For a few miles I could hear the remaining rocks and mud come out of places it must have been stuck. It sounded like a rubbing sound for a few miles then it quit. Now there is a high pitched squeaking noise at low speeds and when turning the wheel from the front driver's wheel. Tesla service didn't seem too concerned and it has been slowly fading as i drive. I'm going to let it dry in the sun fit a few hours and try driving again. Can a rock or gravel get lodged anywhere under there to do damage and has anyone else heard squeaking after washing their wheels and wells? It's not the brakes since I hear it during acceleration also.

FWIW ... I once had a small stone in the front area between the rotor and the shield ... sucker would not come out till I broke out a screw driver and worked it through until is came out.
I was just worried about some damage to the mechanical under workings not paint or anything. I live 196 miles from a service center so I was over the phone with Tesla service they didn't seem to think a rock could really damage anything under there in the wheel well, but I thought I'd ask here as the rubbing and squeaking made me nervous