TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Squeaks and Noises in Windows after Window Tint

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by BruceR61, Apr 16, 2017.

1. BruceR61

BruceR61 Member

I had 3M ceramic tint applied to my windows in my new MS75 about a week ago. Initially all of the windows made a squeak when they reached the rubber gasket at the top. Two stopped making that squeak, one still does, and one rear passenger window makes some disturbing sounding clicking noises when rolling up. I cannot imagine anything that a thin layer of plastic on a window would change but a search of forums shows no one else complaining about things like this. Did the installers do something wrong, or is there an independent issue with my windows?

2. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

You might have figured this out already, but a simple solution is to apply some rubber / vinyl protectant to the rubber seal at the top of the window. It will also help to prolong the life of the rubber seals. I use it on all the door and window seals.

This issue will occur with most any new window tint being applied.

• Informative x 1