Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaks from Driver Side Window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AWD developed a weird noise from the driver side window seal area.

Every time I go over a small bump/uneven road or suddenly accelerate, a small squeak emanates from the top of the window area. The sound is similar to when you roll up your window and at the very top, it seals with the rubber/foam.
It's kind of like a squeak/rattle sound.
It does not happen when I have the windows down but only when the windows are fully up and engaged with the frame of the car/rubber or foam seal.
Has anyone experienced this before? Rather just try to fix it at home than bringing it to Tesla for such a small issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: Nostromo
Yeah, I had this and it drove me nuts. You need to lubricate the rubber part of the seal and it will stop (for about or a month or so). I use a product called Gummi Pfledge. Look it up, people swear by it for keeping rubber seals moisturized. It comes with an applicator cap, but I usually take that off and use a rag instead to get into the hard to reach spots of the seal.

Hope that helps. My windows are not tinted and I don't think that has any effect on the noise. This is a fairly common issue with framless doors.

• Informative
Reactions: zyzz and jboy210
my only concern adding some sort of lubricant to the door seal is that my windows are tinted and the tint film comes up all the way to the edge/lip of the window - id be worried with that constant up/down of closing the door + lubrication may get between the film and effect the tint

My AWD developed a weird noise from the driver side window seal area.

Every time I go over a small bump/uneven road or suddenly accelerate, a small squeak emanates from the top of the window area. The sound is similar to when you roll up your window and at the very top, it seals with the rubber/foam.
It's kind of like a squeak/rattle sound.
It does not happen when I have the windows down but only when the windows are fully up and engaged with the frame of the car/rubber or foam seal.
Has anyone experienced this before? Rather just try to fix it at home than bringing it to Tesla for such a small issue.

This fixed my squeak last year as well as kept my window from freezing in the winter ( Chicago ) in the frame as other Model 3 users experienced.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-IN-ONE-RVcare-Window-Track-Dry-Lube/133406147