Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky brakes Issue! Need help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never once had a customer request such a service.

Doesn't mean it can or can't be done. I'm trying to help the op with his issue that HAS helped other people! I'm not get into a pissing match about opinions. Being an ASE certified master mechanic I've learned what works.

Everyone can Google "glazed rotors" and fixes, then decide if this is an option for you to pursue. Maybe your shop thats never heard of this can make a buck or two by providing this simple yet mechanically inclined service for people at a much cheaper cost than replacing brakes that don't need replacing. Or a better fix than going out and slamming on your brakes multiple times that "might" help..

Again, Just trying to help someone, not debate or argue personal opinions. I won't respond to more debates.

This did the trick!!!! Thank You!!!! I saw on another thread that some shops use an angle grinder with a 50 grit.... and I did the same thing. No more squeaks! I did notice that there was a glaze after you mentioned it and sure enough when I removed it, I didn't hear anything!
Back in the olds days we used to remove square leading edge of the pads and grind it down to an angle, that works on some applications. Some brake pads even come that way to reduce the possibility of noise.

Reactions: Rmchrger
Update: Alright, 10 months since I've scuffed (sand) the rotors that had the glaze and now it's back. I was hoping for at least a year but nope. Next, I'm going to purchase slotted rotors and then see how long that lasts. I'll be back to update.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2