TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Squeaky dash

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Electricfan, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

I put some McGuires leather conditioner on my dash a few days ago. Since then the dash has been very squeaky while driving. On a smooth part of the highway it will be quiet, but in Houston those are few and far between. Any bumps in the road cause the dash to squeak. Has anybody seen this before, and does anybody have a solution? The car was silent until I put the conditioner on the dash so I'm 95% certain this is self-inflicted.

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

It will probably resolve itself over time.. No reason to chance making it worse by adding something new.

I'd just wipe the whole area with a wet microfiber towel.

3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

How can adding leather conditioner to the dashboard cause it to squeak? Perhaps, in the process of adding the leather conditioner, you pushed and pulled on some of the panels which caused the new squeaking. That is far more likely.