Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky Door Handle

IamMark

Dec 31, 2019
SF Bay Area
The front passenger side door handle occasionally squeaks upon opening on my new Model 3. When I brought it up at the Tesla Service Center, the advisor said they can't address it since it wasn't making the noise at that time and told me he wasn't sure what they could do anyways. My appointment had to be rescheduled for next week due to them not having a part. Has anyone else dealt with this, and what was done to fix it? Just wondering what I can have them try if it doesn't make the noise next week when I drop it off.

RJUK

May 31, 2019
United Kingdom
Funny enough, mine just started doing this today also, but my driver's door handle (which is probably the same as your passenger door handle, as my car is RHD).

I'm just going to hit it with some teflon spray tonight. Ought to do it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC