Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky refresh falcon wing door trim panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the felt worked for me but may have been too thick, so it keeps getting pulled out after a few days. May have to find something thinner like electrical tape.
Is felt tape the same as the soft side of the velcro? That's what I've been using. I get the legit ones on amazon and just use the soft side and tape it up. I also lift up the bottom part of the plastic trim and ended up spraying some lube in there. I don't think that did anything but I still did it.

Is felt tape the same as the soft side of the velcro? That's what I've been using. I get the legit ones on amazon and just use the soft side and tape it up. I also lift up the bottom part of the plastic trim and ended up spraying some lube in there. I don't think that did anything but I still did it.
Yes. I got the exact ones you recommended that have the sticky back. I was having a hard time finding the exact spots, so I just did a long run across half the door.

I'll try spraying some silicone lube behind the plastic trim too.

zero squeaks with the felt tape or the soft side of velcro. Its the whole falcon wing door rubbing against the plastic part near the rear wheel. You don't notice the tape because its black and its on the falcon door side
Hi i have this creak now on my 2023 x. Only driver side which is interesting. So it coming from a lateral shift of the falcon door- ie its not from up and down pressure on latch or other parts? So there is right/left play or its bouncing and that corner is running on interior trim? Just womdering if i should have sc adjust door. Maybe door is not supposed to contact there is set correctly. Any thoughts before i get the felt tape out? Thank you!

Hi i have this creak now on my 2023 x. Only driver side which is interesting. So it coming from a lateral shift of the falcon door- ie its not from up and down pressure on latch or other parts? So there is right/left play or its bouncing and that corner is running on interior trim? Just womdering if i should have sc adjust door. Maybe door is not supposed to contact there is set correctly. Any thoughts before i get the felt tape out? Thank you!
try the felt tape. always better then them "adjusting" I had them adjust it like 5 times and it did nothing lol

• Funny
Reactions: explosive0
try the felt tape. always better then them "adjusting" I had them adjust it like 5 times and it did nothing lol

Thanks for the tip about the felt / Velcro tape! I had some heavy-duty Velcro lying around from previous projects and applied the fuzzy side where your photo showed. So far it's quieted my FWDs significantly (they weren't horrible before, just noticeably creaky and slightly annoying). While not completely silent, this is working great for a solution that cost basically nothing except for a few minutes of time. :cool:

I also did some fuzzy-side Velcro in a similar position on the front doors (underside of the trailing edge), this eliminated some creaking when the doors open or close, but the jury's still out as to whether that's better for driving. I've got one or two other places I might want to try.

Bruce.

Reactions: explosive0
Thanks for the tip about the felt / Velcro tape! I had some heavy-duty Velcro lying around from previous projects and applied the fuzzy side where your photo showed. So far it's quieted my FWDs significantly (they weren't horrible before, just noticeably creaky and slightly annoying). While not completely silent, this is working great for a solution that cost basically nothing except for a few minutes of time. :cool:

I also did some fuzzy-side Velcro in a similar position on the front doors (underside of the trailing edge), this eliminated some creaking when the doors open or close, but the jury's still out as to whether that's better for driving. I've got one or two other places I might want to try.

Bruce.
Awesome Bruce! Now my tape goes along the entire edge of the trim piece on the falcon door and it helped alot. The creaking is something I'm just getting used to lol