TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Squeaky seat belt

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tessnme, Dec 23, 2014.

1. tessnme

tessnme Member

Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but ....

The Tesla is so quiet. I doubt you would notice this in any other car, but I'm getting a squeak / pop sound as the seat belt makes small movements while driving. The belt goes over a rounded piece of plastic inside the belt housing. I've tried silicon spray and baby powder, but the noise persist. Any suggestions?

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

The SC addressed this for me not too long after I got my P85. Have you talked to them about it? I can't recall exactly what they did, but there's some sort of fix in their system for it.

3. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

This is a known problem. The service center will apply a small piece of tape. Had it done over a year ago and has been silent since.

4. Gabzqc

Gabzqc Member

Poor mechanism getting clogged up with baby powder and silicon spray!