Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky Windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I have always had squeaky driver and passenger windows on my Model X and figured I just had dirt in the edges or I was doing something wrong. Yesterday I met up with two other friends that own a Model X and we found that all three of us share the same issue. This is the first car I have owned that has this issue but apparently it is much more wide spread than just my car.

Has anyone on the forums experienced this issue or implemented a solution?

I’ve recently got a tint and mine started squeaking. Some say use silicone spray and some even say WD-40, but both of those sound like messy options. I ordered some dry graphite in a spray can and will let you know if it works (well, short-term at least).

I had this and found it be dirt on the inside of the window at the bottom in the area that is normally concealed when the door is open. I solved it by sitting inside the car with the doors closed and windows fully up, and cleaning the bottom strips of the windows. YMMV.

Hi All,

My passenger window squeaked horribly the day we picked up the X.

From other suggestions here I use "Gummi Pflege Stift."
It is a German rubber care treatment.
It comes in a bottle with a sponge applicator on the end of the bottle
like some shoe polish.
It is wonderful and quiet.
It is available at Amazon.
It helps to prevent the windows freezing to their seals in the winter.

It also works wonders on the rubber foam weatherstripping on the Falcon Wing Doors.

Enjoy,

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: Billstickers
Hello everyone,

I have always had squeaky driver and passenger windows on my Model X and figured I just had dirt in the edges or I was doing something wrong. Yesterday I met up with two other friends that own a Model X and we found that all three of us share the same issue. This is the first car I have owned that has this issue but apparently it is much more wide spread than just my car.

Has anyone on the forums experienced this issue or implemented a solution?

known “characteristic.” If you clean and lubricate the belt molding and window, the noise will go away temporarily. However, it will come back. No permanent rectification.