Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squealing left rear wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. I’m on vacation about a hours away from my house. This morning, my model 3 started making a loud, high pitched squealing noise when driving.

I’m not really sure what the problem is. I think it is a brake issue, but I’m not sure. (It doesn’t sound like a failing bearing, but I don’t know for sure.)

Has anyone experienced this before? Would you risk driving 5+ hours home? (The nearest service center is 3 hours south and don’t have appointments for another week)

You say left rear wheel. If you’ve actually figured that out, I’d suggest a rock caught in the brake pads. Take the car to a tire/brake shop, have’em put the car in a lift and spin the wheel. They’ll be able to determine quickly what/where the issue is.
That’s what I thought, too. Drove it to a tire shop, and had my tires rotated. Asked the guy to help diagnose the sound and he said he only did tires and wouldn’t let me near the car while it was jacked up. 😢