Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ 2019 builds are eligible for free foglight retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA: I just booked a service at Tesla and they mentioned that all the new SR+ have foglights but the early models didn't have them, so they are retrofitting these for free. So if you have an older model and want these put in, then book a service centre appointment.

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
Seems strange
like Oprah Winfrey show .... except it's foglights.... You get free foglights, and you get free foglights, and you..

I thought perhaps Waka Kotahi might have made them a legal requirement, but after a google search there is no such law requiring them on cars. I did read the following though on their website: It is against the law to use fog lamps in clear conditions (day or night) as they can dazzle other road users. So I am glad I read that, as I was about to drive everywhere with my new foglights on!

Reactions: Audietron
I thought perhaps Waka Kotahi might have made them a legal requirement, but after a google search there is no such law requiring them on cars. I did read the following though on their website: It is against the law to use fog lamps in clear conditions (day or night) as they can dazzle other road users. So I am glad I read that, as I was about to drive everywhere with my new foglights on!
New bling.....but don't turn them on
The perfect sadomasochistic relationship lol

I guess you are talking about back-to-old time way... any modern car on Auto settings would automatically maintain their lights to avoid blinding oncoming drivers.... My Audi A8L was doing it for 15 years (still miss her) and Tesla lights does that with software.... I am sure most car companies use one or other technique (camera behind rear-view-mirror, radar, LIDAR, SONAR, Camera on front bumper) to manage their lights for maximum brightness but no blinding other road users.