Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR 2020

delfonique

Nov 11, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone ordered the off-menu SR in the last month? If so anyone knows the exact price? Last time I spoke to two SAs about it was early November but since then the price of the SR+ has gone up by $500 and I’m guessing this should reflect on the SR price as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: skydreamerjae

rdcisneros3

Nov 22, 2019
Atlanta
Reactions: Fred42

OCR1

Jan 28, 2018
Southern California
I'm not sure how trustworthy the account in that article is, based on what it says in Step 1. It says to place an SR+ order and not include Autopilot. Autopilot is standard and there's no option to deselect it when placing the SR+ order online (unless I'm missing something).

I would not do what the author is suggesting. I would just call Tesla sales and ask them to place the order for you. But the article is helpful in at least letting people know that the car still exists and can be ordered offline for those who want it. If you don’t need autopilot, that is a lot of car for $35K.

delfonique

Nov 11, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I’m not sure I’d do what the article suggests either. But then again calling and placing an order over the phone sounds messy. Ordering the SR+ and then asking to be downgraded while your order is pending is more or less what I was told back in November when I inquired about this in a SC. Nonetheless, great to know that the SR is still available to order. As an aside I was just wondering whether there will be a stripped down model Y as well for this price, although I doubt it.

OCR1

Jan 28, 2018
Southern California
I’m not sure I’d do what the article suggests either. But then again calling and placing an order over the phone sounds messy. Ordering the SR+ and then asking to be downgraded while your order is pending is more or less what I was told back in November when I inquired about this in a SC. Nonetheless, great to know that the SR is still available to order. As an aside I was just wondering whether there will be a stripped down model Y as well for this price, although I doubt it.

It took almost 2 years from the time the first Model 3 rolled off the line until Tesla introduced the standard range. I would guess Tesla will follow a similar pattern with the Model Y of selling the highest margin cars first, and only introducing less expensive variants if they determine they have excess capacity and need to drive sales.

ElectricIAC

Devil’s Advocate
Dec 31, 2019
DFW
I have an order for a 2020 SR as well as a LR AWD Y and at times wonder which will come first given 1C1S wasn’t exactly followed with Model 3 either.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC