Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Ambient Lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My ambient lights turned on while receiving the update overnight. Too bad we can't get them to actually work. I had no idea we have the map pocket lights too.

potato pics:
wQ9yRZW.jpg

Tf7kuf1.jpg

zxC40Gv.jpg

k2SNz4L.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BZM3
theres a thread that shows someone rewiring it.

That blows my noodle that they installed the hardware but just didn't run the wire... Which speakers are we talking about?

Same with the lighting, having fog lights and interior lights physically installed and wired, as well as the rear heated seats, but disabling through software just makes me laugh. I had previously purchased a LR AWD for 60K and the SR for my wife is basically the same car for half the price. I can deal with gimped software for that kind of price difference. :)

That blows my noodle that they installed the hardware but just didn't run the wire... Which speakers are we talking about?

Same with the lighting, having fog lights and interior lights physically installed and wired, as well as the rear heated seats, but disabling through software just makes me laugh. I had previously purchased a LR AWD for 60K and the SR for my wife is basically the same car for half the price. I can deal with gimped software for that kind of price difference. :)
its been pretty heavily documented. the a-pillar and rear speakers are not wired for audio and you cannot hook them up to the current audio as they would be under powered. while the speakers are perfectly fine, you'll need another amp.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and super20g
Same with the lighting, having fog lights and interior lights physically installed and wired, as well as the rear heated seats, but disabling through software just makes me laugh.

I've seen more people post about the fog lights being software locked on this forum but the fog lights actually do work on my SR+, I've used them a few times already when it was foggy outside. I'm guessing my SR+ isn't a special edition so I assume they work on all SR+. :p As for rear heated seats, they're actually not there in some of the older Model 3 SR+, the newer ones I believe do have them though and it's indeed software locked then. I really don't like software locks, especially when you can't even enable them by paying Tesla some extra money after you bought the car. Who knows, maybe in the future we can enable things like this, would be nice.

its been pretty heavily documented. the a-pillar and rear speakers are not wired for audio and you cannot hook them up to the current audio as they would be under powered. while the speakers are perfectly fine, you'll need another amp.

Sorry, I'm new to Tesla but do you mean that cars with the Partial Premium interior don't have all the speakers wired up?