Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR and SR+ displayed range at 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue -- I went from 239mi (after 6 months and 15k miles) to 209 the second the SR+ to SR downgrade was performed. Some of the guys on here were positing that more range was taken from us than should have been, because 209 seemed to be the magic number that everyone was getting. Since then, I'm at 44k total miles, and now show 196mi at 100% (although I've seen it go as low as 188mi and as high as 200mi).

View attachment 599715 March 2019. 20k+ miles. Lifetime is around the rated 225 wh/mi. Not sure of the exact as i accidentally cleaned out the lifetime odometer :( and don’t use any 3rd party apps. Don’t drive crazy but live in Milwaukee, so.....

Plug it in as much as possible. Charge to 80% almost daily.

when i was downgraded from SR+ to SR, my range went from 239 to 209. Always had the suspicion Tesla locked off too much range during the downgrade but the explanation I got from Tesla back then was that all batteries lose about 5% within first few months as the cells “settle” down.

it says 213 in the pic but i have only seen 209-210 the 3-4 times i have charged to 100%.

I have an SR+ with a build time of April 2019 and I generally charge to 90% because my office is 70 miles round trip. 10,480 on the ODO and version 2020.40.8.

Charging.jpg

If you don't drive your car like the EPA does to test and achieve their "official" rated range (55 MPH avg) you will not get the rated range, which is apparent across all us SR/SR+ owners.

Real world everyday driving is a lot different and actually realistic compared to how the EPA tests their cars.

All of our cars are capable of achieving the EPA range (minus any degradation) if we drive very conservatively, but that is no fun and only might be done on a long trip so expect at least 20 miles less on the guessometer.

I gave up caring about the displayed number range a long time ago. With 15k+ miles on mine, my car has been getting the same range since the beginning so no issues here. Percentage and forget it.

Reactions: Tres_Azul
If you don't drive your car like the EPA does to test and achieve their "official" rated range (55 MPH avg) you will not get the rated range, which is apparent across all us SR/SR+ owners.

Real world everyday driving is a lot different and actually realistic compared to how the EPA tests their cars.

All of our cars are capable of achieving the EPA range (minus any degradation) if we drive very conservatively, but that is no fun and only might be done on a long trip so expect at least 20 miles less on the guessometer.

I gave up caring about the displayed number range a long time ago. With 15k+ miles on mine, my car has been getting the same range since the beginning so no issues here. Percentage and forget it.
Allow me to disagree.
The day before downgrading from SR+ to SR the miles shown were spot on the 240 miles at 100%.
As soon as downgraded it went to 209 instead of 220.
Even understanding it’s a small difference still looks like it was cut more energy than what was supposed to be.
To me it’s not acceptable, forget about it would mean to say, dear Tesla do whatever you want we’ll accept it. In reality should be, dear customer sorry we made a mistake either in the mathematical calculation, or cutting too much, here is the fix.

Reactions: smashcz
ok, I don't have the SR/+ trim, but I have been monitoring my 100% mileage reading on this charging screen for a long time, and what I've noticed is that it's cyclical. Warm season ratings are always really good (sometimes over the 310 rated range), and cold season ratings are frequently under 300. This would indicate to me that the estimated 100% range is taking into account actual environmental conditions and/or recent driving efficiency.

Because my summer time readings are fine, I suspect there's no issue with battery degradation.

So I kind of have an opposite issue. I had an SR, which I then after about 2 months of ownership paid for the software upgrade to SR+

The most I ever saw as SR was 217 at 100% I believe. After I paid for the upgrade the most I’ve ever seen is 237 at 100%. (This bugs me because mine is a 2020 build so it should be rated at 250.)

Not really sure if I should stress out about it, but it does annoy me when I think about it.