TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SR+...Any benefit to rear swaybar?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by valaeyron, Nov 7, 2020.

1. valaeyron

valaeyron Member

Seems the SR+ does not have a rear swaybar. Not that I track mine, but is there any reason I should add one back? Anyone know of a place in Northern Virginia that would do this for a reasonable price?

2. asian_xl

asian_xl Member

Absolutely day and night difference even when day driving it gives you a better handling. Stock rear sway is good enough, if you want even better handling, go ahead and pick UP or eibach.

3. drew.cleaver

drew.cleaver SpecTesla Developer

Just about every car I can think of has benefited from a rear sway bar. I'd definitely do one and it's a seriously easy 10 minute install once you have the car up in the air.

• Like x 1
  4. Gvardaman

Gvardaman Member

Is there a “trading post” or “swap meet” where people sell their old parts (besides Craigslist or EBay, I mean)?
    As people upgrade sway bars, wheels, floor mats, etc. those of us with the base M3 SR+ would be good customers for the stock parts.
    I suppose Ebay may be better for sales as the price can be driven higher, but I thought I’d ask in case there is another option I am unaware of.

5. drew.cleaver

drew.cleaver SpecTesla Developer

Classifieds here on TMC. I had not personally thought of selling off my OEM bars, not sure if I want to at the moment. I'm sure someone has or would!

6. valaeyron

valaeyron Member

7. Schulmann

Schulmann Member

Professional racers remove rear swaybar from some cars because it helps to put down the HPs onto the road. it is a delicate balance between handling and winning a race. BMWs are the best example for this. The best is to rely on those who already have several thousand of miles with a ver specific sway bar setup. M3 track rats complain about brakes and tires.

• Informative x 1