Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ at 90% now showing 210 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently (last week or two), I've noticed that my SR+ is not charging 90% at 216. It is consistently showing 210 or 211. I have no idea why. Anyone else noticing this with their SR+?

Since I can never tell if someone is actually asking for information, or just wants to complain, in case you were actually wondering if others posted similar questions, I will post what I found when I scrolled back through TMC posts. I started from today, and went back through active posts between October 1st and now (so this is not 1 month worth of posts on this topic).

My model 3 says full at 210 miles
V10 and Battery "Degradation"
Battery Degradation Scientifically Explained
Range drop
Suspicious range numbers
90 percent charge low?
100% charged with 204 miles. Lemon law applies?
100% charge range of SR+ at 224...new order of same car is 250 advertised
Service appointment for 12 month old Model 3 for range loss /invoice for out of warranty inspection?
2.2% battery degradation at 11k miles
Battery Degradation and Rated Range explained
Almost 15% range loss Model 3 Awd
Poll: LR battery degradation @ 3k miles
Model 3 Performance Battery Degradation One Month (Story)
I love this car, but.....
Battery degradation or BMS error?
Tesla appointment for battery health concerns mysteriously disappeared
Do batteries contain a “buffer”? My kW usage doesn’t match pack size
Mid-range changes in range or battery degradation
Range on midrange reduced to 219 miles
Model 3 Long Range Rated Mileage at 310 or 325?
TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)
Wh/mile specifically for M3 LR AWD with 19" wheels
Standard actual battery range or defective battery?

Last edited:
not sure why someone flagged your post as funny. i had a lot of range anxiety coming in to this car. i still wish i opted for the LR RWD variant. at the end of the day, the best advice i've received from this forum is just to drive the car and enjoy it.

not sure why someone flagged your post as funny. i had a lot of range anxiety coming in to this car. i still wish i opted for the LR RWD variant. at the end of the day, the best advice i've received from this forum is just to drive the car and enjoy it.

Likely because they know what I am doing is pointing out that there is plenty of reading material on this topic here, yet most people come and hit that "new post" button before they even begin to look and see if anyone has had similar questions... even though most people ask somewhere in their post "has anyone seen this?".

In any case, I dont see much harm in pointing someone who really wants to know "has anyone else seen this" to thread where people post similar questions.

I changed my display to percentage a long time ago and go off of Wh/mi and have never stressed about it again.
as did i. there's still a bit of uncertainty as to what 20% means. like, can i get home? and what about trips? i have an "idea" what acceptable Wh/mi looks like but on a recent road trip in 40-50° weather, i was getting over 300Wh/mi... didn't know if that was good or what....

i guess its just a matter of changing expectations.

as did i. there's still a bit of uncertainty as to what 20% means. like, can i get home? and what about trips? i have an "idea" what acceptable Wh/mi looks like but on a recent road trip in 40-50° weather, i was getting over 300Wh/mi... didn't know if that was good or what....

i guess its just a matter of changing expectations.
There's 1000 wh in a kw. 250 wh/mi means 4 miles per kw. 333 would be 3 miles. Even though you don't have access to the full kw of your pack, you can get a pretty good approximation based on wh/mi when you take the percentage based on battery pack size. Although it's not a lot different when a yellow gas light comes on, as the rated miles in a ICE car has a similar level of unpredictability when it's almost empty, except. ambient temp has a greater impact on EVs.

There's 1000 wh in a kw. 250 wh/mi means 4 miles per kw. 333 would be 3 miles. Even though you don't have access to the full kw of your pack, you can get a pretty good approximation based on wh/mi when you take the percentage based on battery pack size. Although it's not a lot different when a yellow gas light comes on, as the rated miles in a ICE car has a similar level of unpredictability when it's almost empty, except. ambient temp has a greater impact on EVs.
Which might actually be useful if we had a kWh meter. We don't even know how much total capacity and particular battery has is at any given time.

Recently (last week or two), I've noticed that my SR+ is not charging 90% at 216. It is consistently showing 210 or 211. I have no idea why. Anyone else noticing this with their SR+?
Well I am only getting about 197 on a full charge...I tried calling the service center about it and they said it’s “normal for a 2 month old car”. This just doesn’t seem right to me, especially is the estimated range is 250 miles.

Attachments

• FC295F74-74CA-4D58-A4D7-F1C73D75D5AC.jpeg
    FC295F74-74CA-4D58-A4D7-F1C73D75D5AC.jpeg
    706.9 KB · Views: 189
Thanks for your help with the links but there are new users here like myself who aren’t yet accustomed to this site. It took me some time to understand how this forum works, as it is not as intuitive as other forums if used.

Wasn’t me, but I’m guessing funny may be in relation to the thousands of other similar posts.

Absolutely, the battery and car work best when you stop worrying about it.

Had a trip this weekend that was supposed to be 250 out and back. But things changed and it became 500 out and back. Didn’t worry about charging any more than we would have getting gas

Reactions: Rocky_H
250 wh/mi means 4 miles per kWh. 333 would be 3 miles.

This is strictly speaking correct (with the correction to kWh), but does not tell the whole story:

1kWh is 4.35 rated miles for the AWD, and 4.8 rated miles for the SR.

So driving at 250Wh/mi for 4 miles will consume 4.35 rated miles in the AWD, and 4.8 rated miles in the SR.

Driving at 333Wh/mi for 3 miles will consume 4.35 rated miles in the AWD, and 4.8 rated miles in the SR.

In other words, for rated mile use, use a scale factor of 250/230 for the AWD, or 250/209 for the SR - for 250Wh/mi
And 333/230 for the AWD, 333/209 for the SR - for 333Wh/mi

Well I am only getting about 197 on a full charge

The picture does not show a full charge.

This is strictly speaking correct (with the correction to kWh), but does not tell the whole story:

1kWh is 4.35 rated miles for the AWD, and 4.8 rated miles for the SR.

So driving at 250Wh/mi for 4 miles will consume 4.35 rated miles in the AWD, and 4.8 rated miles in the SR.

Driving at 333Wh/mi for 3 miles will consume 4.35 rated miles in the AWD, and 4.8 rated miles in the SR.

In other words, for rated mile use, use a scale factor of 250/230 for the AWD, or 250/209 for the SR - for 250Wh/mi
And 333/230 for the AWD, 333/209 for the SR - for 333Wh/mi

The picture does not show a full charge.

My bad...I meant 197 miles at 90%

Thanks for your help with the links but there are new users here like myself who aren’t yet accustomed to this site. It took me some time to understand how this forum works, as it is not as intuitive as other forums if used.
:eek: Wow. I see complaints often at the other forum on Tesla's own site, which truly is horribly primitive and has almost no features at all, and was even stripped of the few features it used to have, but I can't imagine someone thinking that about this one.