TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SR AWD price - any guesses

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by pakman00, Aug 15, 2018.

1. pakman00

pakman00 Member

Any ball park guesses on what the standard range AWD model 3 will likely be priced at?

2. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

$35000 + $5000

• Like x 8
  3. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

Humm... since AWD is a 5k option, it ll just be the base price + 5k for AWD...

• Like x 1
  4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

$45,000 for first run. Possibly starting / ending 1H 2019 or 2H 2019.

$35,000 + $5000(PUP) + $5000(AWD)

Tesla's gotta factor that $8,000 in software uptake on SR Model 3 is going to be the LOWEST across their entire fleet.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  5. Recumpence

Recumpence Member

Awd is a $4,000 option, not $5,000.

6. b_ack51

b_ack51 Member

As of a few weeks ago prices went up due to demand

Started at $5k
    Dropped to $4k for a few days
    Went back up to $5k

7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Check again lol

8. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Keep up...!

Load the configurator.

Love how @adaptabl disagrees with everything I say but wants help understanding why elimation of federal tax credits will make a used LR Model 3 carry more relative value in 2019.

• Like x 1
  9. pakman00

pakman00 Member

Actually it would be $5k or at least that is how the LR models are priced - LR RWD $49k and LR AWD $54k, right?

Anyways, so assuming one might still get the full $7,500 tax credit on the LR AWD (yr end) and that the SR AWD would only get the $3,750 tax credit, i guess one way of looking at it is you can get a LR battery for only $6,250 more than what you would pay for a SR AWD instead of $10k. Again, assuming the deliveries are made within the tax credit deadlines. I am also assuming they're going to bundle the PUP for the SR AWD initially.

• Like x 1
  10. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

Base price $35k + $5k AWD + $5k PUP = $45k... to start. You have to believe Tesla will not offer anything but PUP until the very very last option is used. That's when people will finally get to configure the promised $35k

• Like x 3
  11. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

Would be nice to see a Performance AWD, Non PUP, SR model. I would buy that over the premium package.
    $35k + 5K +$10K performance upgrade?

• Disagree x 1
  12. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

Performance with the smaller battery makes no sense... and also might not work nearly as well since the smaller battery might not be able to deliver the same amperage that the bigger battery does and that the P needs to do what it does.

• Like x 1
  13. Recumpence

Recumpence Member

Umm, I did load the configurator a few days ago and it came up as $4,000........

• Disagree x 1
  14. pakman00

pakman00 Member

Currently $5k difference between LR RWD and AWD

Capture.JPG

15. bradbissell

bradbissell Member

Now the bigger question is does "available in 5-8 months" mean delivered in 5-8 months, or you can configure in 5-8 months?

16. rob968

rob968 Member

I'm sure it means configure. Plus, there will be the huge backlog of reservation holders waiting for the SR version, so new orders might not even get delivery in the first half of 2019 ($3750 tax credit). That drops them to the $1875 for the second half of 2019...making ordering the LR "now" more compelling for any new orders -> hopefully being able to capture the full tax credit for a 2018 delivery. I know it's what made me order quickly.

17. Stirfelt

Stirfelt Member

I never considered that AWD would be available with the SR battery; neither performance.

It will be interesting to see what will be available.