Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Battery - back to batch invites?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming once they announce the production of the SR battery they will go back to the reservation list and send out batch invites, otherwise why keep a reservation list. Am I crazy? I understand they need cash right now but has to be the plan right?

A rollout similar to the initial offering makes sense, start out with in store West Coasters and roll over to the East Coast where I live. Hopefully they get to the line-waiters first :)

I'm assuming once they announce the production of the SR battery they will go back to the reservation list and send out batch invites, otherwise why keep a reservation list. Am I crazy? I understand they need cash right now but has to be the plan right?

A rollout similar to the initial offering makes sense, start out with in store West Coasters and roll over to the East Coast where I live. Hopefully they get to the line-waiters first :)

I think you're right on the money. They will go through the reservation list for SR just like they did with LR, but the process will be expedited due to the higher production rate.

But the demand is probably at least double for the SR so wait times could still be awhile.

And production is... 10x higher than when they started batch invites? Late November is when non-employees started getting invited... didnt reach 1k until extrapolated at end of December and when they started inviting employees, were doing like 100 a month.