Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Bluetooth Media CoverArt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello,

Looking for info. I have a M3+ and love it. I hate that I get no cover art for Bluetooth streaming. I saw a YouTube video of another plus and it has cover art. Does you car? If so what device and player? I have tried iPhone XS Max with Spotify premium and Apple Music.

As others have said, this is incorrect.

Thanks for correcting me.

I don't use Spotify on my phone that often and when I did, none of the ones that I chose transmitted its album art over to Tesla.

I now then tried some other random songs and some do and some don't.

For example:

Eres Tú (by Mocedades) does transmit its album art over.

Conclusion: Album Arts do transmit over Bluetooth to Tesla but I have to choose the correct ones.

(using Samsung S9+)

Reactions: Zaxxon
I have a LR AWD. For the first couple months, cover art would show for all of my songs via Bluetooth. I was not streaming. I was just playing songs stored in my iPhone. Now only a fraction of songs would show the cover art. Not sure why.
So yes... some do, some don’t.

I think the reason people are having such mixed results may be that only the song metadata is streamed over bluetooth and the album art is not. In fact, it appears that the car either has an onboard database of album art or it performs a lookup into their own servers for that art.

I too stream Spotify and I would say that 85% of my album art shows up. But I've also noticed about 5% of the time I get different album art on the car screen than shows up in Spotify on my phone. And the rest of the time I get no album art at all. But I will say that it's consistent. If I see art for an album, it will always show art for that album.

I'm going to guess that they may have a database in the car to save bandwidth or at least do some kind of caching in the car. And this database may be seeded by the Radio provider (Slacker in the US and Spotify abroad).

If you are not seeing album art over Bluetooth, try another album. Especially try more popular albums. The more esoteric stuff I listen to is what seems to be missing.

Also, if you're streaming Spotify over bluetooth consider checking out TSpot:

T-Spot

It's a great front-end to touch control your phone from the Tesla PC. It's a little slow to respond, but I'm hoping with the upcoming browser upgrade that might be fixed.

Just some things to check:

1. Are you in the US? I'm guessing so since your location says Minneapolis.

2. Are you using Spotify or can you use Spotify as your source?

3. Can you try playing a specific song. Let's both try "I Will Not Bow" by Breaking Benjamin.

Phone.png

4. With that song playing, are you able to see the actual song metadata show up on the Tesla screen? Like, can you see the Artist, Album and track title show up in the on-screen media playback controls?

Car.jpg

5. Are you on Wifi or cellular?

6. Are you on iPhone or Android?

That's all I can think to ask for now. I'm interested to see if we can track this down.