TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SR+ cables - what does it come with?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by RealEvil_UK, Nov 2, 2019.

1. RealEvil_UK

RealEvil_UK Member

Hi,

I did search for this but people listed part numbers (15-40???) And it may have changed over time?

As far I understand it I need a 3 pin plug cable for emergencies and a type 2 cable for certain chargers that aren't tethered eg PodPoint etc.

What does the car come with, and if it doesn't have both what's the cost/best place to buy the other?

Thanks,

Neil

2. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

#2 NorfolkMustard, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Hi.

It comes with both and the Tesla Mobile Connector comes with two adapters - one for a standard 3 pin plug (max 2.3 kW; 230/240v @ 10 amps) and one for a commando plug ( 16 amps; 3.7kW )

details here Charging Connectors

3. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

Comes with both :)

The type 2 is on the short side.

4. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

It comes with a cable and UMC for 3 pin plug, which can also be used withe the supplied 16 amp commando. It also comes with a Type 2 that can be used with any untethered charger. You can also buy (£32) a 32 amp commando adapter for the UMC cable (that's the one that also does the 3 pin and the 16 amp commando). Shouldn't need to buy anything extra.

5. Glan gluaisne

Glan gluaisne Supporting Member

One of the most useful extras I've bought (not for the Tesla, but it will work just as well with it) is a 10m long 32 A Type 2 cable, complete with a storage bag. If you intend to destination charge in hotels or other places that have socketed charge points, the extra cable length makes things an awful lot easier. A couple of times I've found the charge point parking space blocked by another car (not an EV) and the long cable has allowed me to park in another space and still plug in OK.

6. rotor2k

rotor2k Member

Would you mind sharing a link?

7. RealEvil_UK

RealEvil_UK Member

Thanks for all the replies - brilliant stuff

8. Glan gluaisne

Glan gluaisne Supporting Member

I bought my 10m cable and storage bag from here: Type 2 Charging Cables

• Like x 1