Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ can't maximize acceleration bar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has been able to maximize the acceleration bar under the speedometer on their SR+? I have an LR as well, and it's noticeably faster, but i can also see the black bar has the ability to max out. In my SR+, it barely goes 85-90% of the way to the end.

This could just be the reality of the SR+ motor nerf, but just want to confirm.

Thanks!

It's not the just the motor, it's also the battery.
SR has ~200kW battery (50kWh @4C), LR has ~300kW battery (75kWh @4C).
From standstill and at low speeds the limit is max motor current, two motors can output more total power than a single one.

SR should 'kick' harder from 0 than LR (RWD) because of lower weight and have less oomph at higher speeds (battery limit).

It's not the just the motor, it's also the battery.
SR has ~200kW battery (50kWh @4C), LR has ~300kW battery (75kWh @4C).
From standstill and at low speeds the limit is max motor current, two motors can output more total power than a single one.

SR should 'kick' harder from 0 than LR (RWD) because of lower weight and have less oomph at higher speeds (battery limit).
Actually you have it backwards. There are dyno videos that show the LR has more power to 100mph then the sr+ has more top end power. It’s not much but it does. And I know it is capable of mid 4’s is because Tesla slowed the LR rwd down after they first released it. It was doing mid 4’s

Actually you have it backwards. There are dyno videos that show the LR has more power to 100mph then the sr+ has more top end power.

<citation needed>

It’s not much but it does. And I know it is capable of mid 4’s is because Tesla slowed the LR rwd down after they first released it. It was doing mid 4’s

You mean the 4.66 Dragtimes got with a VBOX?

AFAIK nobody else was ever able to replicate that.... and as recently as last year (after the first 5% bump) the quickest Draggy leaderboard LR RWD car out there was 4.99

Tesla Model 3 RWD 0-60-MPH Before & After Performance Update: Video

The thread does have one owner using a less reliable testing method, on a negative slope, managing a 4.9... but nothing close to that 4.66 from anybody else.

<citation needed>

You mean the 4.66 Dragtimes got with a VBOX?

AFAIK nobody else was ever able to replicate that.... and as recently as last year (after the first 5% bump) the quickest Draggy leaderboard LR RWD car out there was 4.99

Tesla Model 3 RWD 0-60-MPH Before & After Performance Update: Video

The thread does have one owner using a less reliable testing method, on a negative slope, managing a 4.9... but nothing close to that 4.66 from anybody else.

Okay.. well explain how the mid range/standard range plus/ LR Rwd has specs of 211 kw power output but the rwd motor in the awd performance puts down 255kw of power.. and now the model y puts down 270.5 kw of power. And they all use the same rear motor. That shows us rwd cars are capable of plenty of more power and it shows that they are going to release either a paid upgrade for p3d owners or a ludicrous model 3!!

Okay.. well explain how the mid range/standard range plus/ LR Rwd has specs of 211 kw power output but the rwd motor in the awd performance puts down 255kw of power.. and now the model y puts down 270.5 kw of power. And they all use the same rear motor. That shows us rwd cars are capable of plenty of more power and it shows that they are going to release either a paid upgrade for p3d owners or a ludicrous model 3!!
Different batteries would be my guess. Clearly the motor can handle a lot more power than used, but I would wonder how much discharge power the batteries can handle before there is a problem.