Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ comes with what charging equipment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s worth noting that the SR+ only has a 32 amp onboard charger compared to your 2018’s 48 amp onboard charger. 7.6 kW vs 11.5 kW. I suppose that’s a moot point if you only charged your 2018 with the mobile connector, since the mobile connector itself is limited to 32 amps.

Wait so if I get the wall connector to charge the SR+, I can only charge at 32A?
This is another good reason not to get a wall connector. I’ve suggested to friends that the best solution is to get a NEMA 14-50 installed and buy the adapter (which used to also come with the mobile connector). A 40 amp circuit is sufficient as that will permit the mobile connector to provide 32 amps to the car. At 32 amps, the SR+ will charge at a rate of about 30 miles in an hour, which is more than adequate.

unless you have a very time sensitive charging rate plan (off peak are only a few hours in the evening), 32 amps is more than enough to charge a model 3. You can easily charge from 20 to 80% overnight. Even a 120V standard wall outlet is fast enough to top off the battery on days where you're not driving a long commute or road trip.

If you had a Model X long range that would be a little bit different as the battery is bigger and it takes more power to go a certain distance.

Reactions: XPsionic