Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Delivery with Scratch | Tesla would not fix | Poll Q

Would you have taken delivery AS IS with no fix from Tesla given I don't need another car?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus it came with floor mats, live traffic with Android Auto and all my other phone music options, heated steering wheel, cloth seats (personal preference), WiFi hotspot, rims that don't scratch when rubbing against the curb, instrument cluster in line of sight, real buttons for commonly accessed things, keyless entry with fob, extra storage space, upright SUV seating position, one foot driving with strong regen, better time-of-use charging options.

Is the WiFi hotspot free from GM now ? After the trial ended in my Volt, I never purchased, but it worked well.

My free 3 year trial of OnStar ended and I can no longer send destination address information from my phone to the car. Miss that feature, but not enough to pay $39.99 a month.

Have fun with the Bolt. What color did you get ?

Didn't really care about the color so took white. With the tax rebate sun-setting the next day, inventory was low in Denver. The WiFi hotspot is free then you pay monthly or by the week if you are doing a road trip. They keep certain functions like remote HVAC, unlock and some others active for free forever, but the other Onstar stuff goes away at some point I think.

I think the 2019 can do 70KW and the earlier can do 50KW, but wouldn't know. Irrelevant to me as I don't go cross country and have chargers at my home, work and cabin.

Just curious to see how other car manufacturers are addressing long distance travel with their EVs. I rarely do long distance travel either but I don’t think I would have bought a Tesla if they didn’t have the Supercharger network in place just in case I need to.

I think CSS charging stations are being built quite regularly now. You can probably do major travel corridors if you want to, but cross country is probably a couple years away from reality. I like to drive, but my family hates it so we have done cross-country maybe 3 times in the 20 years we have been raising our kids. My wife insists we keep an ICE car as a backup for our 7 EVs, but still no cross country even in the ICE.

My Bolt is $20K after rebates. You may be of the opinion that a Tesla is far better, but when driving my Model 3, I miss the heated steering wheel, Android Auto / Apple Carplay, cloth seats, blind spot warning lights in the side view mirrors, hatchback, real buttons, etc. When driving the Bolt, I miss things about the Model 3 like lane keeping and adaptive cruise (an option on the Bolt, but not mine).

There is no adaptive cruise control on the Bolt. There's a package with various things, but not adaptive cruise control. ACC was available on the Volt from the latter part of the 2017 (IIRC) model.

Sorry to hear about your awful experience. Don't blame you for walking one bit. Sounds like you found what works for you with the Bolt in the end.

I think CSS charging stations are being built quite regularly now. You can probably do major travel corridors if you want to, but cross country is probably a couple years away from reality.

They are being built, but very very slowly (outside CA), and other than VW's forced settlement, they are still doing questionable things like locating them inside metro areas (vs spaced out evenly along interstates) and installing single plugs at a location. Imagine a gas station with a single pump! And if you're lucky, they'll install a measly 2 plugs.

My other car is a CCS EV and it's totally fine for staying in the metro, but absolutely terrible for venturing out from there. In most of the US it doesn't even matter what the electric range is on a CCS car as the that network is just not ready for interstate use. Sure people do it, but they are the extreme edge of the bell curve.

I would like to see some real competition for Tesla so they don't get (or continue to get more) lazy, but I just don't see it in the near future at any price range. Not even the Taycan.

Last edited:
My daughter goes to school in LA, but has a summer job in Salt Lake. Someone said her Bolt going there should be easy using fast charging. It didn't look that way, but I may attempt it next month. At worst, I will have a couple 8 hour charges I need to do.

It will be an adventure, but no problem in a Tesla along that route. I also might just let her use my Model 3 for the summer as I am really enjoying the Bolt right now and the thought of being near a Tesla still angers me after that horrible delivery experience last week.

I bounce back and forth between San Diego and Denver and like having the same car on both ends. That had been Model 3s, but might switch back to the Bolt on both ends. That is what I did up until last year when the Model 3 became available.

All EVs are amazing and each brand has their pros/cons. I just love the ride I am with.

I read an earlier thread that there was a delivery where Tesla would not fix scratches. I am taking delivery of a used Tesla I bought from them and the shipper caused scratches on the bumper. I was told they will replace it and I am in Mn. Sounds like the Denver Tesla team is not up to par.