Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR downgrade finally coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, but what did the MSRP on your sticker show?

Here's my label. The #'s on the label don't match what I paid. I only paid $1000 for the blue color even though the label says $1500. I'd wager most people don't pay what is listed on the window sticker so the #'s not matching was not a concern of mine. The label clearly states this is the Standard Range Plus however in less than 10 days that will not be the case.
m3-monroney.JPG

I really don't understand this obsession with the window stickers. They obviously don't make any more sense in the age when a car can be upgraded via software. Everyone who purchased FSD after delivery doesn't have it on their window stickers...

Tesla sold you an SR+, it says so on your window sticker, and an SR+ is what you received. Changes made to the car after delivery need not be reflected on a printed out sticker.

• Disagree
Reactions: TheOtherPete
The monroney label (window sticker) that came with the car said my car was the Standard Range Plus. Is this even legal what they are doing-- regressing my car back to a version that differs from the window sticker?

You are regressing to what you paid for. And you still got more than you paid for due to the premium interior. I don't know for sure if its legal or not but I'm still not going to fight them.

3SR+ was not owed to me. 3SR was.

All I care about is what's legal.

I care about legal, just, honesty, honor-ability. Not all of it comes together all the time, but I sure try.

Good thing the court systems care less what random social justice warriors using vague terms like "equitable" think.

I'm not a SJW, also unsure about what being or not being a SJW has to do with keeping something that doesn't belong to me.

ps - I normally refer to people who use the term "equitable" as communists so I went easy on you.

While we are pretty certain to be in the same "party" its usually the "other party" that LOVES to F over businesses due to entitlement. You are giving "our party" a bad name for having no values and integrity.

Mistakes are mistakes and they will always happen. BUT to try to take advantage of them or someone's incompetence would keep me awake at night.

Yeah, I spend my energy being more productive than keeping ill gotten gains.

So you've gone through your entire life paying exactly what was listed on the window sticker? LoL wow. someone needs a lesson in negotiating.

I've negotiated everywhere else well enough that I don't have to bother trying to steal $1,500 from Tesla.

You/we didn't pay for a 3SR+, so don't expect a 3SR+ - full stop.

I keep seeing people referencing heated seats. I’m not sure why. Both the SR and SR+ have heated front seats and neither have heated rear seats.

The email mentions that a downgrade is coming but it doesn’t mention exactly what is being downgraded. It mentions a visit to a service center if you don’t want a downgrade but there is no mention of what the cost would be, or for that matter why you would need to go to a service center just to keep your car exactly the way it is. So it’s definitely not well written. But that was never Teslas’s strength. So we’ll have to just figure out what they really meant to say.

I keep seeing people referencing heated seats. I’m not sure why. Both the SR and SR+ have heated front seats and neither have heated rear seats.

The email mentions that a downgrade is coming but it doesn’t mention exactly what is being downgraded. It mentions a visit to a service center if you don’t want a downgrade but there is no mention of what the cost would be, or for that matter why you would need to go to a service center just to keep your car exactly the way it is. So it’s definitely not well written. But that was never Teslas’s strength. So we’ll have to just figure out what they really meant to say.

Tesla has literature on 3SR and 3SR+ differences.

I'm not fully up to speed but its reasonable to presume:

* 220 Max Range versus 240
* Loss of fog lights
* 5.6 0-60 vs 5.3
* Immersive Sound

for starters.

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
Tesla has literature on 3SR and 3SR+ differences.

I'm not fully up to speed but its reasonable to presume:

* 220 Max Range versus 240
* Loss of fog lights
* 5.6 0-60 vs 5.3
* Immersive Sound

for starters.

Understood but my point was the email should spell these things out rather than making people refer to “literature” which is not online anywhere and can only be found by searching forums like this one or finding a sales rep if you can get one to take your call. And why are they asking people to schedule an appointment with the service center to avoid this downgrade? Is there even an option in the app under “schedule service” that references “don’t allow my SR+ to be downgraded”? It’s just a poorly written email that leaves more questions than answers. To my knowledge Tesla still has not announced a price to avoid a downgrade from SR+ to SR after delivery. Nor have they established a price nor process to downgrade a customer who paid for an SR+ and only wants an SR. If the email was clearly written we wouldn’t be on post #73 talking about this, right?

After they changed my order to a SR the “change configuration” screen showed 220 miles range, 130mph, and 5.6s 0-60. But it also shows fog lights and immersive sound. White seats were not an option. Here are screen shots I took of the car I purchased.

Attachments

• B09882DC-3097-45C7-A033-03EB3AC67267.jpeg
    B09882DC-3097-45C7-A033-03EB3AC67267.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 886984B9-C3FB-43CA-AEB4-CC705D877860.jpeg
    886984B9-C3FB-43CA-AEB4-CC705D877860.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 82
I did check with not only the delivery guy but also with my sales guy. Who else am I supposed to check with? Elon? Should I just keep checking with every employee up the chain until I am absolutely sure what the heck is going on and why a different model was delivered to me than what I ordered? And this is clearly systemic and not a one off. As far as I can tell everyone who ordered a standard received a standard plus which would make the 7 day no questions asked period meaningless as the car you are evaluating in the 7 days is not the same car as what you end up with.

The right thing to do is for Tesla to give everyone another 7 days from the time of update to return the car if they are not satisfied.

LOL

Reading comprehension is not your strength? As I said I knew what I was supposed to get on paper.

My real issue is that I was told by the sales guy there was no risk in placing an order as I would be given a 7 day no questions asked return policy. How exactly was I supposed to evaluate the car in the first 7 days when Tesla did not deliver the car I expected-- the Standard model? Instead they delivered to my house a different vehicle with different characteristics.

Again the right thing to do is for Tesla to give everyone a new 7 day no questions asked return window after the software update. That way we will be given a chance to evaluate the car that we ordered but are NOW finally getting and will finally be able to evaluate whether it should be worth keeping or returning. I'm guessing many people will choose to keep the car. Some will upgrade and some will return it.
You have a point there.
Elon messed up.
He should not have sold SR+ as SR as I was saying.
This is a mess.
WTF....

• Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
Status
Not open for further replies.