Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR downgrade finally coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture+_2019-06-07-10-14-03.png
They are finally pushing out the SW to downgrade SR+ to SR:

Nice they are sending out that notice so you are again aware and at least thinking about what you have now and will be giving up and how important that will be to you. I notice they didn't mention paying any set fee to keep which I assume is the $2K or has that changed since I think the cars went up in price by something like $300?

Confirmed I got the mail too, I bought the SR base back at the end of April. Curious to see the cost to go back up and if they will allow ala carte upgrades ie I just want the 20 miles of range back.

I received the email as well and it has the typical lack of any useful information, that Tesla is famous for. It doesn't tell you what features are being removed, what the cost is to keep the SR+ config, or if AP is mandatory (which I really don't want).

The email links to the blog post from April 11, but they updated the Standard Range configuration on April 17 to include the heated front seats. I was given the April 17 information when I ordered my Standard Range in store on April 20.

I took a picture of the configuration the manager showed me at the store. Posted here. She said I could take this picture. (My original photo stored on my iPhone has the GPS location, time, and date embedded.)

The blog post has other conflicting info. (Streaming audio will be removed? Standard Range Plus never had it in the first place.)

They have the downgrade software now. Why doesn't the email just specify what's changing?

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: A2be and omkar
I don't think the sticker matters. What matters is what you actually paid for on your MVPA.

I can second this. Been banging my head for weeks trying to get Tesla to honour the Monroney sticker as it had features listed I didn’t pay for. I finally got clarification that the hardware for the cars is fairly similar, and it is software that gets turned on or off to enable features. Cars are built to a popular spec, and then correct after delivery. That’s why MVPA is what matters.

Glad to see they’re rolling this out, otherwise SR+ buyers didn’t get the great deal we were sold on. Curious still if they’ll still have the offer to downgrade.

Reactions: xanatos
Status
Not open for further replies.