Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ efficiency is quite amazing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdx_m3s

May 18, 2019
Portland, OR
Truly amazed at the efficiency of SR+. I completed a 200 mile round trip to the Oregon coast (Cannon Beach) from the greater Portland area. Mostly highway at 50-65mph. With city driving at each end. AC on the entire time. Average Wh/mile?: 209. No Supercharging needed.

This is with Aero wheels, 15/20mm wheel spacers, and mud flaps.

Satisfied owner :)

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian and IdaX
50 MPH on the highway is probably crazy efficient due to being so slow. Our Model X was awesome at 60-65, wasn’t bad a 70 mph, but 77-78 mph would seriously drop efficiency. Our Model 3 and S’s are not as bad based on speed but do loose efficiency as speed increases

50 MPH on the highway is probably crazy efficient due to being so slow. Our Model X awesome at 60-65, wasn’t bad a 70 mph, but 77-78 mph would seriously drop efficiency.

And this is why 550 km range in lugares like the Okanagan valley in BC are actually pretty realistic. Slow speed limits (like seldom over 100 kmh) and lots of stretches of 60 to 70 kmh. I have to reprogram my expectations when I jump on the Coquihala to Vancouver. Woohoo, crank it up. :).