Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Fog Light Area (orange light)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read several threads about the lights installed by default in the fog light area of the SR+ and I still can't figure out what mine is supposed to have. I pickup my 2020 SR+ up at the end of June 2020. There is something wrong I'm just not sure what. When the headlights are on there is an orange accent type light in the fog light area on the drivers side only. The passenger side is completely off. Are they both supposed to have an orange accent light? Or should the drivers side have no light?

IMG_2159.jpeg

They should both have just the orange marker light. You could replace them with the real fogs and it would give you an additional white bar light or take it further and wire the fogs to work but the lights you currently have only have the orange marker light .

Your DOT front side-marker backlighting (found on US/North American spec Teslas) on that side is out.

It only supposed to be on or off under specific conditions, but since the other side is on, so should this one.

If you are still under warranty (assume so given June delivery), get the malfunctioning side replaced at an SC or through MS.

If you are not, or want to shell out some cash and spend some time, replace both sides with a matching pair off of eBay motors that has a. LED fogs b. DRL/position light strips c. functioning side-marker backlighting.

Search on here for threads about SR/SR+ fog retrofits.