Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Fog Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can any of the lucky folks that have picked up their M3 confirm whether the SR+ gets Fog Lights.
At order date in May they were definitely showing as part of the Partial Premium package but now appears to only be included with the Full Premium.

Reactions: TestPilot
I collect my SR+ on Monday. I will be checking this out if no one has replied by then.
Was there anything else that was listed and subsequently removed that needs checking?
Home link (which didn't get installed on ANY of the initial orders).

I'm still pretty sure the fog light differences are normal bulbs vs LED unit.

Hi @Ausis74,

Thanks in advance. Very jealous that your picking up on Monday ;).
The only other thing that I wanted to check was not a change to listing.
Just wondered whether they knew if there is likely to be an option to pay an annual subscription to get the Premium Connectivity package:
  • Satellite maps with live traffic visualisation
  • In-car internet streaming music and media
  • More frequent over-the-air updates via cellular
  • Internet browser
for the SR+.

Just wondered whether they knew if there is likely to be an option to pay an annual subscription to get the Premium Connectivity package:
  • Internet browser
for the SR+.

This is the only thing making me nervous about my SR+ purchase. If I could pay a little extra for live traffic I'd be happy.

This is the only thing making me nervous about my SR+ purchase. If I could pay a little extra for live traffic I'd be happy.

I believe that the “basic” maps on SR+ still provide routing based on live traffic information with the only difference being that you can’t actually bring the traffic up on the screen - it all happens in the background hidden.

Maybe someone can confirm?

Reactions: BCrider
As I understand it the sat nav in the SR+ does include live traffic information so will plan the best route taking into account the traffic conditions. However, bizarrely, it doesn’t show the visualisation (red & amber traffic spots) on the mapping!

• Informative
Reactions: Tattersky
I believe that the “basic” maps on SR+ still provide routing based on live traffic information with the only difference being that you can’t actually bring the traffic up on the screen - it all happens in the background hidden.

Ooh really? That's interesting to know. If it's got live re-routing on the move then that's more than good enough for me!

Ooh really? That's interesting to know. If it's got live re-routing on the move then that's more than good enough for me!

Yeah I heard multiple Tesla reps tell me that traffic is accounted for, just not shown.

I'm planning to test it vs my mobile. When I did the test 3 years ago, mobile and Tesla were routing differently, but a lot has changed

Hi @Ausis74,

• Internet browser
for the SR+.
This will be available, it is in the FAQ's it was suppose to happen end of June, but hasn't most likley when V10 gets released, which is supposedly this month/next + Elon time.

Yes traffic is calculated just not shown on the map, saves data since Tesla are paying for the data.

Hi @Ausis74,

• Internet browser
for the SR+.

Hi,

Well I actually took delivery on Saturday (They brought my date forward as I asked if a weekend slot was available). It took me awhile to figure out how to test the fog lights but both Front and Rear Fogs work. DAB radio works really well as well as using from USB.

As it stands I don't think I need Premium Connectivity. Will see what else it comes with.

I hope you get yours soon.

It is an amazing car.

• Informative
Reactions: BCrider and Roy W.