Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Fog Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is, for sure, the option to turn them on in one of the menus.

My SR+ has got blanking plates where they should be (logged with a SC to retrofit if possible) and I’ve got an option to turn them on, even though it doesn’t work.
Front Fogs are there on my SR+ and they work, need to be in Drive and Lights on then button is no longer greyed out.

Just got back from SC. Although my gf’s S+ has fog built in they are not operable post July 19 production. They tried to enable them and the bottom showed up. We enabled it but the button didn’t do anything. They called sales to see if it can be added on their end and the answer was not possible since car was built in September. This is really upsetting... why would you take safety features away?? I don’t get it....

Reactions: JenniferH
Just got back from SC. Although my gf’s S+ has fog built in they are not operable post July 19 production. They tried to enable them and the bottom showed up. We enabled it but the button didn’t do anything. They called sales to see if it can be added on their end and the answer was not possible since car was built in September. This is really upsetting... why would you take safety features away?? I don’t get it....

So what your saying is the car has proper front fog lights (not a plastic black blanking plates) but SC are unable to make them work. Unusual, most people received blanking plates (with partial premium interior) some ordered when fog lights were in their spec, some ordered after fog lights were removed.

Do you know if fog lights were in the spec at the time of ordering the SR+?

Last edited:
40K+ car also doesn’t come with car mats (sr+), protective moulded cover for left foot rest (dead pedal) area, hydraulic boot/frunk struts or powered tailgate.
bit ridiculous... good thing I want it more for it being electric than some niceties. the power lift tail on my xtrail is just slow and I wish it was a lot faster or not at all for example.

Isn't there a potential issue that legally safety features that are fitted must work even if they are not mandatory. like the way a spare wheel must be legal if its there. I appreciate its not exactly the same situation but might this be an issue for the MOT down the line?

I just checked the MOT manual 4. Lamps, reflectors and electrical equipment - MOT inspection manual: cars and passenger vehicles - Guidance - GOV.UK
and it it says:
(ii) An obligatory rear fog lamp missing, or a front or rear fog lamp inoperative or in the case of a multiple light source more than 1/2 not functioning = Major fault

So the way I read having the front fog lights present but not working would be an MOT failure so I think Tesla will either have to enable or remove them